Hello PinkWhen readers! It’s Justine from Cooking and Beer here to share my monthly recipe with you guys! I know. I totally posted a breakfast recipe last month, but I am not going to apologize. Breakfast has never tasted so good, especially when it involves sweetened cream cheese, bacon, blueberries and french toast. Am I right, or am I right? This is a total indulgence you guys, and I am not ashamed to admit that I may have made it 4 times in the past month. Once you figure out how simple this recipe is and how much flavor is created, you’ll be making it 4 times in a month too!
My better half and I are huge breakfast lovers, but we don’t eat it like we should. Oh sure, I could eat breakfast all day, everyday, but I have a hard time eating it before noon. I basically have to force myself into getting up early to go for my morning run, just so I can get the nutrients my body needs before the sun goes down! I guess this is one of the downsides of working from home. Your schedule tends to not be as strict, leaving you to eat whenever you darn well please.
While I usually try to keep it healthy in the morning and stick to things like overnight oats and scrambled egg whites, all bets are off when the weekend comes around. Weekends were made for indulgent brunches…at least that’s what I tell myself. Don’t get me wrong, I love to eat brunch out. However, sometimes the smell of bacon crackling in the kitchen is enough to keep you at home indulging in your favorites brunch dishes.
This blueberry stuffed croissant french toast is one of those recipes that was inspired by a dish I had at one of my favorite brunch spots. When french toast is on the menu, I have to have it; and I’m always looking for new ways to amp it up in my own kitchen. This recipe sounds like there is a lot involved, but it really is so easy and can be on the breakfast table in under 30 minutes.
Blueberry Stuffed Croissant French Toast with Bacon
Simple store-bought croissant halves are dipped in your everyday french toast “batter,” made up of heavy cream, milk, egg, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg. The essentials. They are crisped up to a golden perfection in a hot nonstick skillet that has been slathered with butter. You then spread a delicious sweet cream cheese (with bacon folded in…yes bacon…don’t be scared) on four of the croissant halves and then strategically place your fresh blueberries on top. Top with the remaining croissant halves and pour on that maple syrup.
You want some. I know.
Recipe for this blueberry stuffed croissant french toast is below! It’s perfect for breakfast, lunch, or dinner … or midnight snack. Shh…I won’t tell if you won’t.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 slices fully-cooked crispy bacon, chopped
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly-grated ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 store-bought croissants, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 cup of blueberries
- softened butter and 100% pure maple syrup (for serving)
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese and honey. Gently fold in the bacon and set aside.
- In a large shallow bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, milk, eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon and ground nutmeg. Set aside.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Taking each croissant half, dip it fully into the egg mixture, making sure to coat each side. Carefully add it to the hot pan. Repeat 2-3 times depending on how large your skillet is. Try not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, or until browned to your liking. Repeat for the rest of your croissant halves.
- Spread the the bacon-cream cheese mixture onto 4 of the croissant halves and place a handful of blueberries on top. Place the remaining 4 croissant halves on top. Garnish with additional blueberries and serve with butter and/or 100% maple syrup if desired. Enjoy immediately!
I hope you guys love this blueberry stuffed croissant french toast! It’s been a weekend staple around here! Enjoy what’s left of your week, and I’ll talk to you next week.
JOIN 500,000 SUBSCRIBERS!
Join over 500,000 others who follow PinkWhen on Social Media, the PinkWhen blog, and email. Sign up to receive exclusive bonuses like this FREE Simple Fit Dinners Ebook.
Don't wait! You won't want to miss a thing.