With Valentine’s Day just a short couple of weeks away, I am going to share with you one of my favorite little Valentine crafts I have made so far. Of course, I did use my Silhouette Cameo. You know I can’t go too long without sharing a project. Take a look at this cute Girls Owl Heart Valentine’s Shirt tutorial and then stay tuned for some awesome Silhouette America deals!
Girls Owl Heart Valentine’s Shirt
Here are the supplies I used for this tutorial:
- smooth black heat transfer
- smooth teal heat transfer
- flocked white heat transfer
- flocked red heat transfer
- flocked yellow heat transfer
- owl design id #25614
- heart design id #43104
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1: First open the owl design in your Silhouette Designer Edition software program. When you open the design it will be broken up into several parts. This is where you can pick and choose which pieces to print/cut and the colors your would like for each to be. (I have this all open on one page so you can see how I have them all separate, but you will need to cut each piece separately.)
In the screen shot above you will see that the words are flipped horizontally. This is because when you print them, you want them to cut backwards. When you iron them on to your material, they will be correct.
Step 2: Once you have all of your designs cut out, you can then begin the process of ironing on the heat transfer and layering. To do this, you will need a thin piece of fabric to cover your design while ironing.
I layered all of these together to come up with this super cute little owl.
We always call Addy, “Addy-Boo”. It is a nickname her grandmother gave her. I thought it would be cute to have the shirt say “Addy Whoooo”, but changed my mind at the last minute. I am sure I will use that vinyl for a different owl project in the future.
This is such a cute and quick project, and ‘whoooo’ doesn’t love a great personalized tee!
Are you looking for a Silhouette machine to make fun projects like this with? Well right now is the PERFECT time to purchase, as all of their products are on sale. They even have some cool new items you can go and check out as well!
You can purchase (between now and February 14th) these amazing products at the following amazing prices:
- The Silhouette CAMEO®, The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, the glitter collection sketch pens, and the metallic collection sketch pens for $269.99 ($94 in savings)
- The Silhouette Portrait™, The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, the glitter collection sketch pens, and the metallic collection sketch pens for $129.99 ($114 in savings)
- 40% off the Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software!
What is the difference between the standard Silhouette Software and the Designer Edition Software?
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
Just how do you get all of these savings? By adding your favorite products in the shopping cart and then entering promotional code PINK
Want to win a Silhouette Portrait?? Make sure to enter below. The giveaway runs between now and February 10th. Must be a US resident. Enter below:
Make sure to check out all of the new products, and if you have wanted to upgrade to the Designer Edition software, now is the time to do it. If you have been wanting a Silhouette Machine, NOW is the time to do it! Enter promo code PINK to save!
What will you make with your Silhouette products? Make sure to give this Girls Owl Heart Valentine’s Shirt a try and layer up some heat transfer!
*I received product in order to review and share with you the fabulous Silhouette products.