I love the fact that essential oils can be used for so many different purposes. While there are an abundance of uses, I love the fact that there are several oils out there that are made to help you relax. Don’t we all need a little “break” or escape from everyday stresses? I know I do! Here is a list of the best essential oils to help you relax.
If you are ready to start your journey into learning a little more about essential oils, you can read more about how to do that (with a TON of freebies) from this post here.
Best Essential Oils to help you relax
Here is a list of my favorites, but I know that some of you may have even more than this. I would love for you to share your favorite essential oils that help you relax in the comments below, or over on my Facebook page.
Best Essential Oils to Help You Relax
Here are some great essential oils to help you in your quest to relax. As a mom, I know that can be hard to do. This list should help you on your journey to a little less stress and a little more relaxation.
1. Lavender – One of the most popular essential oils, and by far one of my favorites. Lavender has so many different uses! Use it to soothe scrapes, bruises, skin irritations, or balance stress and to help you relax. It’s a perfect oil to diffuse before bedtime with other relaxing oils or all by itself.
2. Cedarwood – If you love that warm woodsy relaxing aroma, cedarwood is a perfect choice. It’s also great to use for a relaxing massage, and beneficial for oily skin. Diffuse on it’s own or add with a little Lavender to enhance your sleep experience.
3. Stress Away – A combination oil that includes Lime, Copaiba, Cedarwood, Vanilla, Ocotea, and Lavender. It’s a perfect oil to diffuse to relax away all of those daily stresses. I like to use this at night in my diffuser with 2 drops Stress Away and 4 drops Lavender. So relaxing…
4. Cypress – A comforting and light evergreen scent that restores feelings of security and stability while allowing you to relax with it’s fresh aroma.
5. Peace and Calming – Leaving you with a deep sense of peace when diffused, it helps to calm and relax tensions. Diffuse by itself or with a little Lavender. It’s a combination oil with a fragrant scent of Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy.
6. Frankincense – a warm balsamic aroma that enhances focus and helps overcome stress and despair. You may have heard of it, it’s been around for a LONG time and is has started more recently to be used in the hospital environment.
7. RutaVaLa – a blended oil that helps you overcome stress and encourages a positive attitude while relieving tension and promoting relaxation.
8. Tranquil – a blended oil roll-on that is a combination of Lavender, Cedarwood, Roman Chamomile, and Coconut Oil. It is specially formulated to calm and relax the mind and body.
These are just some of my favorite calming and relaxing essential oils. When you become more familiar with your oils and understand the blends you may find others that help you relax. I would love to hear what your favorite essential oils are that you use to help you relax. To learn more about essential oils and to get started with a ton of freebies – click here!
I just got lavender and Stress Away (roll-on) in the mail yesterday. I struggle with the smell of lavender but that’s just me. Peace and Calming is my favorite!
I figured lavender would be on this list. I absolutely love the smell of lavender! I’ll definitely have to give these a try because I’m always looking for something to help me relax.
I’m a worrier and I always have been. I bought some stress away & some lavender oils and I love them!
Writermom Angela says
Huge fan of YL oils, they are AH-MAZ-ING!!!