Hi PinkWhen readers. It’s Brandy from BD Design Blog and I’m excited to be here today! Have you ever had a piece of artwork that you loved but was a little blah or outdated? Don’t give up on it just yet. I’m a firm believer in that there isn’t anything a little paint and glitter can’t make fantastic again! Gold paint and gold glitter no less :)DIY Gold Glitter Hello Sign.
Here’s what you will need for this little project:
– a piece of artwork that spells a word
– a bottle of gold metallic spray paint
– medium coarse gold glitter
– modge podge or Elmer’s glue
– glitter sealer
1. Take your piece of artwork and give a good cleaning.
DIY Gold Glitter Hello Sign
3. Once it’s dry take a paint brush (or your finger) and spread the glue evenly on just the top part.
4. Here comes my favorite part: sprinkle the glitter until your heart is content! Cover with glitter until you can’t see any more glue. Give it a little pat to make the glitter stick and then turn it over and give it a little shake to get the access glitter off.
5. Now for the most important part…seal the glitter. Why do all this work just to have your glitter flake off and make a mess on the floor. All it needs is a fine layer of sealer sprayed on top for it to last forever!
I hope this inspires you to redo a piece of artwork and give it a little glittery update like I did with this DIY Gold Glitter Hello Sign.