Learn how to make a quick and easy DIY Magnetic Chalkboard for your fridge. It’s the perfect place to share your weekly menu plans with the family.
This is a beginner craft that you can easily do with your kids, and it makes a great present!
How to Make a DIY Magnetic Chalkboard
You are only going to need a few supplies to make this project:
- Old 8 x 10 picture frame (or super cute new one that was 50% off!)
- magnetic adhesive tape and adhesive magnets that make anything magnetic!)
- Chalkboard Spray Paint
1. The first thing you will want to do is remove the glass from the frame.
2. In a well ventilated and covered surface area, place a good cat of the chalkboard spray paint onto the glass. Allow it to dry.
3. Take the newly painted glass and prime with a piece of chalk, and then place it into the picture frame.
4. Flip the frame over and remove any hardware that you will no longer need on the frame.
5. Grab the adhesive magnets and tape. Space out the magnets evenly over the back of the frame.
6. Then apply a couple of strips of tape just to be on the safe side. Frames are heavy and these little magnets just won’t do the job all by themselves.
Easy DIY Magnetic Chalkboard
TaDa! You are all done. How simple was that? Super easy and super cute. Now you can use this pretty little diy magnetic chalkboard sign as a weekly menu (which is how I plan on using it), or for grocery items needed, or special dates that are coming up….there are really so many different possibilities.
These also make great presents for friends and neighbors during the holidays.
Let me know if you make this simple DIY Magnetic Framed Chalkboard! If you enjoyed this project, you might also like: