One of my favorite cute Thanksgiving desserts is these fun OREO Cookie Balls. I have wanted to make these cute little OREO Turkeys (or turkey balls) for a few weeks now.
They are super cute, and the kids love to help make them. Grab this easy recipe and have fun with the kids while out on Thanksgiving break. You might also enjoy these No Bake Turkey Cookies!
Looking for the Christmas version? You might enjoy these OREO Reindeer Truffles.
BONUS: I created a super cute shopping list/menu plan for your Thanksgiving menu. It’s FREE to download and will help you from making those extra unwanted trips during the holidays.
How to make OREO Cookie Balls
I am all about making cute Thanksgiving desserts, and these OREO Cookie Balls are the cutest. They don’t take too long, and the kids have fun making them.
I love how easy the original OREO Cookie Balls recipe is because it only takes three ingredients. Just a few things mixed, and then DELICIOUSNESS!
This OREO Cookie ball recipe only calls for three ingredients:
- 36 OREO cookies finely crushed (about 3 cups)
- One package (8oz.) cream cheese (softened)
- 4 (4oz.) semi-sweet baking chocolate (melted)
Now all you need to do is follow these step-by-step instructions on how to make these cute Thanksgiving desserts.
How to Make Cute Thanksgiving Desserts
1. Grab your cookies and break them up into cookie crumbs.
2. Mix cream cheese and cookie crumbs until blended well.
3. Shape the mixture into about 48 (1′ inch) cookie balls.
4. Freeze for 10 minutes.
5. Dip the balls into the melted chocolate and then place onto a pan covered with wax paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Once you have the cookie balls made, it’s now time to make the OREO cookie balls into OREO Thanksgiving Turkey Cookie Balls. You will need a few extra ingredients to finish off the turkeys.
- candy corn
- candy eyes
- tubed icing (to help things stick together)
7. Remove the OREO Cookie Balls from the refrigerator (only cooling for about 10 minutes) and grab your supplies. I grabbed 5 Indian colored honey flavored candy corn and added them to the back of the cookie ball.
8. Then take your icing and add a few dabs to the back of the candy eyes and place on the cookie ball.
Easy OREO Turkeys Cookie Balls Recipe
9. I then took a candy corn and cut off the white tip and used this for the nose.
10. I cut the orange piece in half and used those for the feet. After placing the candy corn on the back for the feathers and finishing up, I set them back in the fridge to completely cool.
I think they turned out cute! I love how these OREO Cookie Balls turned out. They are just one of many cute Thanksgiving desserts I plan on making this holiday season.
What a fun way to change things up and decorate the already delicious original OREO cookie balls as Thanksgiving Turkeys.
For more great ideas and fabulous OREO Cookie Ball recipes, please visit the hub for all things OREO! You might also like these fun ideas:
If you like this recipe, make sure to give it a rating. It helps others find our recipe when they are looking for cute Thanksgiving desserts!
OREO Cookie Balls - Thanksgiving Turkey
- 36 OREO cookies finely crushed about 3 cups
- 1 package 8oz. cream cheese (softened)
- 4 4oz. semi sweet baking chocolate (melted)
- ***Candy Corn
- ***Candy eyes
- Take a package of OREO cookies and crush them up finely.
- Take softened cream cheese and mix well with cookie crumbs.
- Roll into one inch cookie balls, and then freeze for 10 minutes.
- Dip cookie balls into melted chocolate and place on a prepared cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Place into the refrigerator for 15 minutes to an hour before decorating.
- Add 5 candy corn to the back of the ball as tail feathers.
- Use icing as glue to attach the candy eyes.
- Cut one candy corn into pieces, using the white tip as the nose, and the orange part (cut in half) as feet.