Hello all! I’m Carisa from Messes to Memories and I’m so excited to be sharing some of my favorite recipes and crafts here on PinkWhen. I’ve got the perfect recipe to start out, a turkey pot pie recipe. I love winter comfort food!
A warm turkey pot pie coming out of the oven at dinner time brings a big smile to my face. This turkey pot pie is one of my favorite recipes. I remember growing up and smelling this pie baking in the oven, my tastebuds would get so excited! Oh yum.
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Just thinking about turkey pot pie makes me happy.
Living in North Carolina we are missing the snow so much this winter so we are doing some fun activities to bring the snow inside.
My kids saw the snowflake on top of the pot pie and got so excited. They love pot pie–pie for dinner! It’s an easy way to trick my kids into eating vegetables. Plus, I think the snowflake gives the pot pie a rustic look!
Turkey Pot Pie Recipe
Not to mention how pretty it makes the pie look and how much easier it is to use a cookie cutter and put the cut out dough on top than to do a full on pie crust on top and make it look perfect.
Super easy, delicious and pretty individual pot pies are such a fun dinner for the whole family.
MINI SNOWFLAKE TURKEY POT PIE
- 5 oz. frozen peas
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 Tbs butter
- ⅓ cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp sage
- ¼ cup parsley
- 2 cups water
- 2 potatoes diced
- 4 carrots diced
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 Tbs. chicken bouillon
- 1 tsp lemon
- 3 cups cubed chicken or turkey
- Pastry for double-crust pie
- Cook potatoes, carrots and peas. Drain.
- In a sauce pan, cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt, sage and pepper. Add water, milk and chicken bouillon all at once. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Stir in drained vegetables, chicken, and parsley; heat until bubbly and add a teaspoon of lemon.
- Turn chicken mixture into a pie shell or ramekin lined with pastry, cover with top pastry or a cutout.
- Bake @ 450 for 10 to 12 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
I love to use my own homemade crust, which can be kind of fickle… but with a store bought crust, this meal is even quicker! Quick, easy and delicious… my favorite kind of recipes.
If you think this looks delicious, check out some more of our favorite comfort foods like Broccoli Cheddar Soup, Greek Tacos or Spaghetti and Meatballs.