Easy Recipe for Lemon Bars
This easy recipe for lemon bars has mouthwatering fresh squeezed lemon packed into a delicious buttery crust with a powdery sugar top.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a medium bowl, blend together 2 cups of flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and softened butter. Press into a 9" x 13" pan. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until the crust is firm and golden brown.
Blend 2 cups flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and softened butter in a mixing bowl. Press into a 9x13 pan. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the crust is golden brown.
Mix remaining sugar, flour, eggs, and whisk together well. Mix the lemon juice into the sugar, flour, and egg mixture.
Pour the lemon mixture over the baked crust and place back into the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and allow them to cool and firm up before slicing and topping with powdered sugar.
- Looking for variations? Consider switching out the lemon for fresh squeezed limes and create lime bars!
- Make sure the bottom crust is hardened and a golden brown color before adding the lemon mixture.
- When storing these lemon bars separate them with wax or parchment paper to keep them from sticking togehter.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
- Freeze leftover lemon bars in an airtight container for up to 3 months, preferrably without the powdered sugar topping.
Calories: 796kcal | Carbohydrates: 118g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 34g | Saturated Fat: 20g | Cholesterol: 190mg | Sodium: 315mg | Potassium: 174mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 78g | Vitamin A: 1116IU | Vitamin C: 29mg | Calcium: 47mg | Iron: 3mg
**Nutrition facts are based on my best estimation for this recipe. They may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you might make to the recipe. For most accurate calculations, I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use with the recipe.
Share a photo, mention @pinkwhenjen, and tag #pinkwhen on Instagram and in your Instagram Story. Don't forget to RATE this recipe once you've made it!!