Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings made in the pressure cooker is one of our favorite hearty, down-home recipes. Made with chicken, seasonings, veggies, and more.
Place the pressure cooker on Sauté mode and add olive oil, carrots, onion, and celery. Sauté for 3 minutes.
Add seasoning to vegetables and stir for 30 seconds. Add chicken and sauté for 3 minutes.
Pour in chicken broth and stir well.
Scoop cream of chicken soup into the pressure cooker and DO NOT stir or mix.
Cover the top of the chicken mixture with cubed biscuits.
Turn off Sauté mode. Place the lid securely into place, lock, and make sure the vent is set to seal. Cook on manual mode for 5 minutes.
Allow the pressure cooker to do a natural release for 30 minutes, or until the pressure pin has fully dropped.
Carefully remove the lid and allow the chicken and dumplings to cool for a few minutes before serving.
- If you're looking to save a little time, you don't have to sauté the vegetables or the chicken with this recipe. However, I highly recommend doing so because I beleive it increases the flavors.
- Stir the vegetables, chicken, and seasoning well before adding the chicken broth to give the chicken a nice coating.
- If using frozen chicken breasts, increase the manual cook time to 10 minutes and then shred the chicken after the natural pressure release. (You also won't sauté the chicken if it's frozen.)
- When adding the cream of chicken soup, DO NOT stir the mixture. Scoop the cream of chicken soup and let it sit on top. You want to keep a thin layer of liquid at the bottom and the thickness of the soup can make this recipe cook differently.
- Add the cubed biscuits to the top and don't mix these in. Allow them to cook directly on the top of the chicken mixture.
- I use an 8 quart Instant Pot. If you are using a smaller version pressure cooker you won't need to use as much chicken broth in the recipe.
- Serve the chicken and dumplings in a bread bowl for even more appeal.
Calories: 332kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 2063mg | Potassium: 861mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1190IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3mg
**Nutrition facts are based on my best estimation for this recipe. They may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you might make to the recipe. For most accurate calculations, I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use with the recipe.
Share a photo, mention @pinkwhenjen, and tag #pinkwhen on Instagram and in your Instagram Story. Don't forget to RATE this recipe once you've made it!!