Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
Slow Cooker Turkey Chili is made with ground turkey, garlic, seasonings, and more. It's a delicious twist on a hearty winter meal.
Add olive oil to a medium sized skillet. Add turkey and cook on medium heat until cooked through.
Add the minced garlic, sugar, and seasonings to the turkey meat and mix well. Remove skillet from heat and set aside.
Add the chili beans, black beans, pinto beans, diced tomatoes, vegetable broth, and cooked turkey with seasonings to the slow cooker.
Cook the turkey chili on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours.
Scoop turkey chili into bowls and serve with toppings such as cheese, sour cream, and green onions.
FREEZER MEAL INSTRUCTIONS
Brown the lean ground turkey meat, add the seasoning, sugar, and garlic following the instructions above and then allow it to cool.
Place the cooled turkey mixture into a freezer-safe container with the beans and diced tomatoes. Remove the air, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months. (Do not freeze with the vegetable broth.)
When ready to cook: Remove the bag from the freezer and allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Pour the ingredients into the slow cooker and add the vegetable broth. Cook as directed.
- Want turkey chili without the beans? Modify this recipe. Add an additional lb of turkey, 1/2 cup diced onion, and a 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper to give it the same hearty feel.
- Think this recipe has too much spice? You might want to use half of the required white pepper or omit it altogether.
- Looking for additional toppings? I love shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion tops, guacamole, jalapenos, hot sauce, and more,
- Need sides? Consider serving this chili with sides such as quesadillas, hot wings, baked mac and cheese, 7 layer dip, cornbread, and more.
- FREEZE IT: Freeze leftover turkey chili in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Calories: 393kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 726mg | Potassium: 1259mg | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 6g | Vitamin A: 366IU | Vitamin C: 11mg | Calcium: 106mg | Iron: 6mg
**Nutrition facts are based on my best estimation for this recipe. They may not be accurate depending on what brands you use or modifications you might make to the recipe. For most accurate calculations, I recommend using a nutrition calculator with the exact brands and measurements you use with the recipe.
Share a photo, mention @pinkwhenjen, and tag #pinkwhen on Instagram and in your Instagram Story. Don't forget to RATE this recipe once you've made it!!