Cheesy Cowboy Quesadillas – A quick and easy meal with some Mexican flavors and so much cheesy goodness! This is sure to put smiles on everyone’s faces!
Pair these cheesy cowboy quesadillas with fruit and a salad and you have a super fast dinner. All by themselves these quesadillas make kids super happy at lunch time… Craving a little afternoon snack? The leftover chicken mixture makes it so simple to grab a tortilla and have a finished quesadilla in less than 5 minutes!
In our home, quesadillas are a daily request! Except my kids call them torti-ya-yas. I love it when they are excited about meal time, so I’m constantly trying to find new fillings that the kids will be excited about. I don’t want to put a limit on how many times you can have tacos in one week, but I think 3-4 times is plenty. Ha ha!
Cheesy Cowboy Quesadillas
I love Mexican food and flavors and have definitely been on a spicy kick lately. However, for the kids I scaled it back a bit and just added their favorites: corn, black beans and a whole lot of cheese! I snuck in some bell peppers, too!
Cheesy Cowboy Quesadillas
I figured I could just add my favorites on top. MMMMmmm. Enter avocado and jalepeno! Yes, please!
EASY CHEESY COWBOY QUESADILLAS
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1 cup shredded chicken
- 1 can black beans
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 bell pepper diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup cheese
- white tortillas
- Toss butter, onions and garlic in a pan and saute for a couple minutes! Add chicken, beans, corn, pepper, salt, cumin and chili powder.
- Let it warm through all the way and then add the cream cheese in spoonfuls so that it can get all melty. Add in 1 cup of cheese and stir until the mixture gets creamy and cheesy!
- Add about 1/4 cup of filling to a tortilla and if you are feeling cheesy, add a little extra cheese. We like it cheesy around here!
- Fry on each side for a couple of minutes until the tortilla is crispy!
- A quick and easy meal made in less than 30 minutes.
- Consider adding strips of steak to change things up.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
If you want some more amazing quick and easy recipes inspired by tortillas, come on over! My all time favorite is this Hot and Healthy Quinoa Wrap, but these Greek Tacos are a close second! And I just couldn’t help but share one more… fill a tortilla with Spicy Jerk Chicken, it is definitely a husband pleaser!