Vegetable skewers in the air fryer are one of my favorite ways to get that “grilled” crisp veggie without the grill. If you love quick and easy, you’ll love these air fryer vegetable skewers.
I love making vegetables in the air fryer. The crisp, firmness is downright mouthwatering. Add your favorite seasonings and you are set!
The best part about making vegetables in the air fryer is mixing them up on a skewer. You can always make this dish without using skewers, but they’re a fun way to serve veggies.
What You Will Need to Make Vegetable Skewers in the Air Fryer:
- skewers (if using wooden, they need to soak before cooking with them)
- air fryer (I use the Cosori Dual Blaze air fryer that has a top and bottom heating element)
- your favorite vegetables (I like to use the ones listed below, but mix and match anything you like!)
- seasoning (I sometimes use seasoning, and sometimes don’t. I find the flavor of the caramelized onion is so good I don’t want to add anything else!)
- Red bell pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Red onion
- Yellow Squash
How to Make Vegetable Skewers in the Air Fryer
Soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
Slice the vegetables into small squares no larger than 2 inches.
Add the sliced vegetables to the skewer and rotate them.
Place the vegetable skewers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
Air fry the skewers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 minutes, rotating them halfway through the cooking time.
Serve over rice or a bed of lettuce.
What seasoning is good to use for vegetables?
Seasoning vegetables gives them added flavor. Consider using different seasonings such as basil, oregano, thyme, garlic salt, ground black pepper, sage, rosemary, and parsley.
What can I serve with vegetables?
The best dishes to serve with vegetables are good main dishes such as chicken thighs, salmon, ribs, catfish, and more.
What vegetables are good on skewers?
Some of my favorite vegetables for skewers are bell peppers, onion, yellow squash, zucchini, mushrooms, tomatoes, and brussel sprouts.
Vegetable skewers are a delicious and healthy side dish that’s perfect for any occasion. Making them in the air fryer is definitely my new favorite way cook them!
More Air Fryer Recipes:
We Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Us Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Do you like Pinterest? If so, follow me on Pinterest where I share all of my favorite recipes!
Tag Us In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! We love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! We would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Vegetable Skewers
- 1 Air Fryer
- 2 medium bell peppers red, orange
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- Slice the vegetables into small squares no larger than 2 inches.
- Add the sliced vegetables to the skewer and rotate them.
- Place the vegetable skewers in a single layer in the air fryer basket.
- Air fry the skewers at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 14 minutes, rotating them halfway through the cooking time.
- Serve over rice or a bed of lettuce.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.