If you have been following along with me lately, you probably heard that I am going on my First Ski Trip….EVER. Here’s the thing…I have never been skiing, and I had NO IDEA what in the world I should get, or not get. Well I decided I would do a little research and share with you what I have found to be the most important: 20 Things To Bring on A Ski Trip.
I almost forgot. Guess where I am going? What I have heard it is one of the best ski destinations in the United States….we are going to Telluride, Co!! I cannot tell you how amazingly excited I am….and scared! Something about flying down a mountain in the cold wet snow with nothing between you and a tree but a little stick in your hand….kind of insane people, kind of insane. But I digress….
Rather than worry about how good I am after my lessons is one thing, I am going to share with you the things
you I need to bring. What my body will need to help survive this snowy expedition.
20 Things To Bring on A Ski Trip
1. First of all, something called BASE LAYERS to keep the body warm. I got these Smartwool Women’s Saturnsphere, Black Multi Stripe size M socks first. Medium, because I have big feet. Smartwool, because I want to keep my big feet from becoming frostbitten…and the stripes on these are just adorable!
2. After I picked up my Smartwool socks, I went for the Smartwool Basic Footless Tight to keep my lower half warm under my suit.
3. I then picked up Smartwool Women’s Lightweight Crew to keep my upper half warm. Once I had these base layers taken care of, I could concentrate on the rest.
5. I picked up The North Face Adele Triclimate Womens Insulated Ski Jacket in Black. I actually ordered white first, and then my husband laughed at me and said, “Remember our 2 year old?” Yes, my white would have never survived…so I went with something timeless that never goes out of style: BLACK.
6. To go with my jacket, I went with The North Face Women’s Freedom LRBC Insulated Pant in Black. I am looking forward to staying warm!
7. Black Polar Fleece Velcro Headband Earmuffs to keep my ears toasty! Of course, I made some of these, too!
8. HotHands Hand Warmers in case my hands do somehow get cold.
9. Toe Warmer 8 Pair/Pack so the little piggies don’t freeze off!
10. Helly Hansen Women’s Nora Boot to keep me dry and ON my feet rather than on my tush.
11. Ski Goggles for if it is snowing, but my sunglasses if it’s not.
12. My kick butt camera, the GoPro HERO3+: Black Edition. I cannot wait to make some awesome videos with this baby, and hopefully I am not on my ARSE the entire time when I DO make videos.
13. Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 lens for some awesomesauce pics with my DSLR camera! (Not on the slopes!)
14. Giro Slingshot Helmet (Pink Paul Frank Mod, Medium/Large) To keep my wits about me after I fall…
15. ZANheadgear Neoprene Women’s Mardi Gras Face Mask To bring a little color and a little Louisiana Mardi Gras to the slopes.
16. Neutrogena Ultra Sheer SPF 45 Twin Pack 3.0 Ounce to keep from getting burned, I have heard you can get a nasty sunburn on the slopes!
17. Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Lip Moisturizer, SPF 15, 0.15 Ounce (Pack of 8) because I hate chapped lips.
18. PIEPS Freeride Avalanche Search Beacon, because if it’s going to happen to anyone, it would be me.
19.Light blue Glow in the dark silicone wrist band in case I go insane and ski at night.
20. All of my medical cards….because again….if something is going to happen, it’s going to happen to me!
Ok my friends, you have to help me out! This is my “jumping off” list! What else do you bring when you go skiing?