I am so excited to share with you this delicious lemon cake recipe. It is amazingly moist and seriously one of my favorite desserts for Spring. I can’t get enough of it, and neither can anyone else who spies it. It’s really easy, and it’s delicious!
The secret to this dessert: I use lemon essential oil to make it flavorful.
What Ingredients should I use to make a Lemon Cake
To make this yummy lemon cake, you will need to have a few supplies on hand.
- unsalted butter softened
- powdered sugar
- baking powder
- 1/2 cup water with 4 drops Lemon Essential Oil (This is the brand I use) to make lemon water
Steps to Make a Lemon Cake with Lemon Essential Oil
Preheat oven to 350.
Mix 1 cup sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl. Add in eggs.
Add in 1 tbsp of the lemon water, mix well.
Add in salt, flour, and baking powder, mix well.
Pour into a round 8″ baking pan.
Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until you get a clean toothpick from the center.
Allow to cool slightly.
Lemon Cake Recipe
Mix 1/3 cup lemon water and 1/4 cup powdered sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar.
Drizzle over the top of the cake, and then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar. Don’t you want a slice of this lightly lemon flavored cake?
Delicious Lemon Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs whisked
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water with 2 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil This is the brand I use to make lemon water
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix 1 cup sugar and butter together in a medium mixing bowl. Add in eggs.
- Add in 1 tbsp of the lemon water, mix well.
- Add milk, mix well.
- Add in salt, flour, and baking powder, mix well.
- Pour into a round 8" baking pan.
- Place in oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until you get a clean toothpick from the center.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Mix 1/3 cup lemon water and 1/4 cup sugar. Drizzle over the top of the cake, and then sprinkle the top with powdered sugar.
What do you think about this delicious lemon cake recipe? Are you ready to start cooking with Young Living Essential Oils? Remember, not every brand of essential oils can be ingested and you should do your homework before you ingest any essential oil. It’s just one of the many reasons why I choose to use Young Living. You can find more about Essential Oils here.
Are you looking for a few more uses? Check out all of these other amazing recipes you can make with Lemon Essential Oil.
Not all essential oils are edible. Due to lack of purity, 98% of essential oils sold should NOT be ingested. An edible essential oil will be labeled “therapeutic-grade” and have a “Supplement Facts” box on the label showing the nutritional value – do NOT use just any brand of essential oil for cooking/flavoring foods. Be sure to use pure oils from reliable sources, not synthetic scents or flavorings.