Hey everyone and Happy Holidays! Amanda here from Old House to New Home sharing a casual appetizer recipe perfect for a low key New Year’s Eve or for your upcoming tailgate party! We go from one eating season to another right? The holidays run right into football playoffs, bowl games, and the Super Bowl. I love having easy appetizer recipes in my arsenal so that I am always ready when asked to bring a snack to a party. Check out this amazing Hoagie Slider Dip.
This Hoagie Slider Dip is casual, fun, and delicious. I guarantee you will have people ask for the recipe because it is so unique. It is so different than the usual cheese based dip and is so hearty and satisfying. Are hoagies or sub sandwiches popular in your area? Subs are a really popular party food in my town and we have some great sub shops. While I love ordering subs for parties, they are best served right away so that the bread doesn’t get soggy. That doesn’t always work well for parties so I find this dip is a great substitute.
Hoagie Slider Dip
This Hoagie Slider Dip has all my favorite sub or hoagie ingredients and you can definitely substitute in the ingredients that you like best. I used three different meats in this version and lots of hot and sweet peppers. Don’t worry about the lettuce and tomato getting soggy from the mayo. You can make this the day before and it is just as good the next day. The lettuce and tomato blend right into the mixture.
While you can use whichever meats or cheeses you like, I have to recommend that you don’t skip the hot and sweet peppers. They are truly what makes this dip so zesty and tasty and are my favorite part. I used a jar of sweet and sassy peppers, but I am not sure if that is a local thing. Look for any jarred sweet and hot peppers to use in the dip. My other tip is to get your meat directly from the deli. It just tastes fresher than the kind you will find in the pre-packaged containers.
I hope you are having a wonderful holiday season and are looking forward to a prosperous New Year!
Hoagie Slider Dip
- 1/2 lb deli sliced turkey
- 1/2 lb deli sliced ham
- 1/2 lb deli sliced genoa salami
- 1/2 lb deli sliced provolone
- 1/2 a head of lettuce diced
- 1 to mato diced
- 1 onion diced small
- 8 oz. of sweet and hot peppers pickled
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. basil
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- bag of hoagie buns cut into slider sized pieces
- Dice your meats and cheese into small bite size pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (except for the buns) and mix well until everything is evenly distributed.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Serve cold with hoagie slider pieces on the side.
- Recipe adapted from: Mary Ellen's Hoagie Dip
- Consider substituting Hawaiian rolls rather than hoagie slider rolls.
- Also, try omitting the lettuce and serving this dip warm.