Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti made in the slow cooker is one of my favorite family recipes. This creamy chicken spaghetti is made with shredded chicken, pasta, cheese, and more. It’s the perfect weeknight recipe with a creamy sauce that the whole family will devour.
Looking to make life easier with meal prep? You might also enjoy this list of 15 Crockpot Freezer Meals with free printable shopping list included.
I love to make easy dinners like this creamy chicken spaghetti in the Crock Pot. It’s one of our family’s favorite recipes and a very popular dish. Not only does this simple recipe make a ton for second servings, but we usually have extra for leftovers as well.
You should also try this yummy Taco Spaghetti! It’s another crowd pleaser and the family always loves it.
It’s perfect for everyday family meals and for potluck dinners.
Speaking of Crockpot chicken, you might also enjoy this Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe the next time you break out the Crock Pot.
WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S FOR DINNER EVERY NIGHT? CHECK OUT OUR FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER.
This chicken spaghetti recipe is one of my favorite comfort chicken pasta recipes to make. It’s made with only a hand full of ingredients and is absolutely amazing. It’s an easy dump and go recipe that doesn’t take a lot of time to put together.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Rotel Chicken Spaghetti
This recipe does not use cream of mushroom soup and uses just one small can of cream of chicken soup. It uses good ole cream cheese, 1 package Velveeta cheese, and a little Rotel to flavor things up. If you can’t find Rotel, use a can of diced tomatoes and green chilies.
You can also use cheddar cheese, but I find Velveeta cheese to be much creamier and with more flavor.
In fact, I like to batch cook boneless skinless chicken breasts and make this slow cooker chicken spaghetti with leftover shredded chicken. Using leftover shredded chicken allows this comfort food recipe to come together quickly.
You can also make life super easy and use a store-bought Rotisserie chicken or even cooked boneless chicken thighs.
I will share with you two ways to make this yummy crockpot chicken spaghetti recipe. Whichever one you choose, it’s the perfect cheesy pasta recipe to throw together in a last-minute effort to get dinner on the table. Perfect for busy weeknights!
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
There are two ways you can make this cheesy Rotel chicken spaghetti in the slow cooker. One is to use leftover shredded chicken and the other is to use fresh chicken breasts cut into bite-size pieces. I have done both and they are both super simple and easy to do.
You can also skip down to the end of this post for the full printable recipe card where we will share with you both ways to make this easy recipe for cheesy chicken spaghetti.
How to Make Chicken Spaghetti in the Crock Pot with Rotel
We love to make our chicken spaghetti with a can of Rotel. It gives the recipe a little extra flavor and our family devours it. Couple the Rotel with Velveeta and cream cheese and you have a mouthwatering complete meal the whole family enjoys. It’s the perfect weeknight dinner for comfort food with little prep time.
If you are making chicken spaghetti using leftover chicken, this recipe will come together fast. I always save leftover chicken for recipes just like this pasta dish.
- Prepare the slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray to prevent sticking.
- Add the shredded or cubed chicken, 10 ounce Rotel tomatoes and green chiles, 4 tbsp butter, cream cheese cubed, cream of chicken soup, cooked al dente pasta noodles (cook pasta per package directions), cubed Velveeta cheese, and chicken broth to the Crock Pot.
- Cook on low for 2 hours until cheese is fully melted and serve when ready.
- Add a little extra flavor and top it with green onion tops before serving.
To cook this crockpot recipe with raw chicken, I do things a little differently.
- Prepare the Crock Pot with cooking spray. Line the bottom of the slow cooker with chicken breasts. Add chicken broth. Cover and cook on high for 2 ½ hours.
- Use two forks to shred the chicken. Add the cream cheese, butter, Velveeta cheese, Rotel tomatoes with green chilis, and cream of chicken soup. Cook on high for an additional hour, or on low for an additional cook time of 2 hours to allow the cheese to melt. Add the cooked spaghetti noodles before serving.
What Sides to Serve with Chicken Spaghetti
This cheesy chicken spaghetti is so delicious and filling you may choose to make it without any sides. It’s definitely a hearty meal all on its own and the taste is truly amazing. Here are a couple of my preferred side dishes to make with this recipe:
- Garlic Bread
- Italian Salad
MORE EASY DINNER RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY
We love making delicious recipes with chicken and we love to use our Crock Pot. If you are looking for more slow cooker meals like this one, you might also enjoy:
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Crock Pot Ranch Chicken
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken
- Crack Chicken Chili
We hope you love this Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti Recipe as much as we do. It’s a family favorite slow cooker recipe we make on a regular basis. It’s also perfect to quickly feed a hungry family.
Make sure you print this recipe below by clicking on the little printer icon in the recipe card. If you love it like we do, consider giving this recipe a rating and Pin it on Pinterest or share it on Facebook. If you re-create this recipe and you’re on Instagram, tag us at #pinkwhenjen and @pinkwhenjen so we can check it out! We love it when you make our recipes and enjoy them as much as we do.
Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded, *see notes if using uncooked chicken.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 15 oz cream of chicken soup
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 cups spaghetti noodles cooked
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 cups cheese Velveeta (cubed)
- 10 oz Rotel
- Turn the prepared Crock Pot on low heat.
- Add the chicken, butter, cheese, Rotel, soup,cooked noodles, and chicken broth to the Crock Pot.
- Cook on low for 2 hours until the cheese melts. Serve when ready.
- If using raw chicken breasts, add chicken to the Crock Pot and cook on high for 2.5 hours. Remove chicken and shred. Place the Crock Pot on low. Place remaining ingredients in the Crock Pot and cook for 3 hours on low.
- Store remaining chicken spaghetti leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.