This easy Italian meatballs recipe is made with a blend of ground beef, Italian sausage, cheese, breadcrumbs, and the perfect blend of seasonings that will have your whole family asking for more.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is the way you make the meatballs. Using a muffin tin to bake them in saves on a lot of cleanup time. It’s also an easy way to keep all of the meatballs separate for better, even cooking.
Don’t you love meatballs? Who doesn’t love homemade meatballs?
One of my favorite recipes is this Italian meatball recipe. It has so much flavor and is crazy delicious. It’s even kid-approved over at this house! Why is it so good? You will have to make a batch and see for yourself!
Using a muffin tin to bake them in saves on a lot of cleanups when you are finished making this recipe. It’s also an easy way to keep all of the meatballs separate for better cooking.
What Ingredients you will need for an Italian Style Meatballs Recipe
- ground beef
- Italian sausage
- plain breadcrumbs
- minced garlic
- finely chopped (fresh) flat leaf parsley
- freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- fresh ground pepper
Now that you have all of your ingredients together let’s make some meatballs. See below for my step-by-step instructions on how to make the best meatballs ever.
How do I make Meatballs?
Step 1: Heat the oven to 350.
Step 2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add each of your ingredients into the bowl and mix well after each addition. I find it best to use my hands versus a spoon.
Step 3: Make slightly more substantial than golf ball sized meatballs and place them into a Muffin pan like this one. Place a coat of non-stick cooking spray. (Make sure not to overpack meatballs as you want them to cook evenly and all the way through.)
Step 4: Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, flipping them when you are halfway through.
Italian Style Meatballs
You can serve these meatballs naked without sauce.
Or serve them with your favorite marinara sauce.
Serve with noodles and sauce for meatballs and spaghetti, or on a hoagie for a meatball sub. We also like to double the recipe and freeze leftovers for future meals.
This is such a delicious recipe, and while it may take a little prep, it is very worth the time and effort you put into it.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you enjoyed this easy homemade Italian meatballs recipe, you might also enjoy these other recipes:
If you make this recipe, we would love it if you would come back and give it a rating. It lets us and our other readers know what you think! If you snap a photo and post it on Instagram, make sure to tag us @pinkwhenjen. We love to see what you’re making!
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
Italian Style Meatballs
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound italian sausage
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs KETO – use panko or almond flour
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350
- Add meat, breadcrumbs (or Keto substitute), eggs, salt, pepper, parsley, and cheese to a medium bowl. Mix well.
- Make larger than golf ball sized balls and keep them loosely packed. Toss them back and forth in your hands to help them form and keep them from packing to tightly.
- Place in a muffin tin for easier cooking, and turn them 15 minutes in to the 30 minute cook time.
- TIP: Replace the breadcrumbs with Panko or Almond Flour to make this recipe KETO friendly.
- The secret to cooking evenly is by LIGHTLY packing the meatballs. I do this by tossing them back and forth in my hands from left to right, right to left. Don’t pack tightly or they will cook unevenly.
- For easy cleanup, bake the meatballs in a muffin tin.
- For extra flavor, you can also grill these meatballs on the grill before adding them to any spaghetti or favorite dishes.
- Serve with your favorite marinara or serve naked without sauce.