We are a big fan of steak tacos at our house, specifically filet mignon tacos made in less than 30 minutes. This mouthwatering recipe takes steak tacos to a whole new level, and I’m going to share with you the secrets to making the perfect filet mignon tacos. It’s taking Taco Tuesday to a whole new level! You’re going to love these Filet Mignon Soft Tacos, so keep reading!
Filet Mignon Steak Tacos Recipe
These tacos really take Taco Tuesday to a whole new level. We use the skillet to perfectly cook a filet mignon and thinly slice to serve on a soft tortilla shell. It’s one of our favorite taco recipes, and it’s done in less than 30 minutes. Let me show you how.
How do I prepare a filet for cooking steak tacos?
There are a couple of steps you need to take to make sure your filet cooks well. Considering this is a more expensive cut of meat, you want it to be the best it can be. It’s also one of the most tender cuts of meat, so it’s worth the effort to cook it perfectly.
1. Remove from the refrigerator
To make the steak cook as evenly as possible, you will need to remove the filet from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Some people even suggest removing it even longer, depending on the thickness of the filet.
2. Make sure it is dry
Once the steaks have been out of the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes, go ahead and pat the steaks dry. You will want to do this before rubbing with olive oil and adding any seasonings.
What do I need for filet mignon steak tacos?
To make these easy steak tacos you will need a few ingredients on hand:
- extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- white corn tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
How do I make filet steak tacos?
1. Heat your skillet up to medium/low heat.
2. The first thing you will want to do is season up the steak. For each filet, I drizzle a Tbsp of olive oil, and cover them generously in black pepper seasoning.
3. Slowly cook your filets until they are cooked to your desire. I like my filet to medium, so I cooked these for about 7 minutes on each side in the skillet. The internal temperature for a medium steak is generally 130 Degrees Fahrenheit.
Unsure of how long to cook or grill your steaks? Here is a handy temperature guide.
4. Once the filets are finished cooking, take them over to a cutting board and slice lengthwise.
5. Heat up your white corn tortillas.
6. Top the tortilla with cheese, guacamole, sour cream, and any other sides you prefer.
What can I serve with steak tacos?
I always serve these dishes with a side of Homemade Guacamole and chips. To me, there is simply nothing better!
The flavors of the filet and guacamole are so perfect together! I am always a huge fan.
What are some of your favorite Taco Tuesday dishes? Have you ever had Filet Mignon Steak Tacos? If not, you are in for a treat!
Give this Filet Mignon Tacos Recipe a try for your next weekend lunch, or even for Cinco De Mayo in May!
You might also like to know how to make the perfect grilled chicken breast.
Don’t forget to rate this recipe!
Easy Skillet Filet Mignon Steak Tacos
- 2 8oz filet mignon steaks
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 4 each white corn tortillas
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp guacamole
- 2 tbsp sou cream
- cracked black pepper
- Heat the skillet on medium to low heat.
- Rub the steaks with olive oil and season with cracked black pepper.
- Slowly cook the filets until they have reached your desired specifications. We like to cook ours to be medium done, and that averages about 7 minutes on each side.
- Remove the filets from the heat and slice thinly and lengthwise.
- Use a clean skillet over medium heat and warm up the corn tortillas.
- Top the tortillas with steak, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Pat the steaks dry before adding the olive oil and seasonings.
- A medium steak has an internal temperature of 130 Degrees Fahrenheit.