Instant Pot Bacon is one of my favorite ways to make bacon without the mess. In as little as 10 minutes you can have delicious bacon in the Instant Pot with a lot less mess. Say NO to stovetop bacon and YES to less mess!
Bacon in Instant Pot
Yes, it’s true! You can make crispy bacon in the pressure cooker without that pesky bacon grease splatter.
I don’t know about you, but I use bacon to crumble in a lot of my favorite recipes. For instance, it’s one of the ingredients in my Slow Cooker Crack Chicken and this Cheeseburger Casserole, among so many others.
We keep bacon on hand for so many occasions. With this easy recipe, you’ll probably be adding bacon to almost everything.
How to Cook Bacon in an Instant Pot
Cooking bacon in a pressure cooker definitely has its pros and cons. I’ll share with you my pros and cons right now. The biggest pro is that you can easily fry this bacon in minutes and you won’t have a greasy mess all over your cooktop or stove. The biggest con is that thinner and fatty bacon will cook fast and probably crumble to be more like bacon bits.
- POWER ON. Plug in the Instant Pot and hit the Saute function to get started. No need to use actual pressure cooking, the manual mode, or, a quick release. While the saute mode is heating up, grab the bacon and cut it in half.
- ADD. Once the saute function has reached HOT, it’s time to add in the bacon pieces. I’ll add about 4-5 bacon pieces at a time.
- TIME. I cook my bacon in the Instant Pot for 2 minutes per side. For extra done, extra crispy bacon, increase the time as needed.
- REPEAT. Add the cooked bacon to a paper towel and repeat as needed.
How Long Do I Cook Bacon in the Instant Pot?
In general I like my bacon less crispy and cooked. I tend to get the perfect bacon in just 2-3 minutes per side.
The time to cook bacon will also depend on two things:
- the thickness of the bacon pieces.
- the fat in the bacon.
If you’re using a thicker cut of bacon, you may want to add an additional minute or two to get the level of crispness you prefer.
If the bacon you’re using has a lot of fat, it will tend to cook faster and crumble easily. For this type of bacon you may want to keep the minimal amount of cook time.
Cook times will also vary when it comes to how done and crispy you would like your cooked bacon to be. For more a more crispier style bacon, add on some additional time in 1 minute intervals.
You can even add a little flavor by adding a dash of black pepper during the cooking process.
Just remember the thinner the bacon and the longer you cook it will cause the bacon to crumble into the perfect bacon bits versus stay in halved pieces.
To clean the pot when you’re finished, add a cup of water or chicken broth and use a wooden spoon to remove the stuck pieces on the bottom before washing. It makes cleaning up easier.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Beef Tips
- Instant Pot Pot Roast
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
Instant Pot Bacon
- 6 pieces bacon halved
- Heat the Instant Pot using the saute function.
- While the Instant Pot is heating, cut the bacon sliced into halves. Add the bacon to the bottom of the pressure cooker.
- Cook the bacon in the pressure cooker for about 2-3 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the bacon so you can determine how crispy and cooked you would like the bacon.
- SEE NOTES FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON COOKING TIMES.
- For thinner slices of bacon and bacon with a lot of fat, the slices will cook fast. Keep an eye on the bacon to determine the level of crispiness you prefer.
- For thicker cuts of bacon and those with less fat, you may need to increase the cooking time in 1-minute increments to get the level of crispness you prefer.