Instant Pot Turkey Chili made in the pressure cooker is one of my favorite ways to make this hearty turkey chili recipe. You won’t believe how quick and easy this meal is!
I make this Slow Cooker Turkey Chili often and it is always a big hit. In fact, my husband loves this turkey chili so much he has even recently declared it his new favorite.
There are so many different ways you can make this chili recipe. I’ll share this recipe I love, and I will also offer a few suggestions on how to change it up even more.
How to Make Turkey Chili in the Instant Pot
Heat the Instant Pot on saute mode. Once the reading says “HOT”, add the oil and the ground turkey.
Brown the turkey meat until just cooked through. Add in the chopped onion and cook for an additional2 minutes. Turn off the saute function.
Add the black beans, pinto beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, garlic, sugar, and seasonings. Stir in the chicken broth.
Seal the lid and then manual cook for 15 minutes. Allow the Instant Pot to naturally release for 10 minutes and then carefully perform a manual release.
Once the pin has dropped, remove the lid and stir the contents. Scoop the chili into bowls and serve with your favorite toppings.
There are a ton of options and substitutions you can make with this recipe. Here are a few of my favorites.
CORN Not everyone likes corn in chili but it is a popular addition. Add a 15oz drained can of corn to the Instant Pot when adding the beans.
JALAPENO Kick the flavor up a notch by adding in a diced jalapeno when sautéing the onion.
GREEN CHILIS You can also add diced green chilis to this recipe for a little more of a southwestern flare. Add the green chili when adding the beans, garlic, and seasonings.
TOMATO PASTE If you want more of a tomato flavored base, add in a 6oz can of tomato paste and stir it in when adding the broth.
Have other options you think would be great? Leave me a comment below and if it’s something awesome, we will make sure to update the post with your idea for chili recipes!
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Crockpot White Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chili
- Instant Pot Chili Mac
Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Pressure Cooker
- 1 lb ground turkey lean
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 15 oz black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz pinto beans
- 15 oz chili beans
- 15 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Heat the Instant Pot on Saute Mode.
- Add the ground turkey and cook until just done. Add the onion and cook for an additional two minutes.
- Turn off the saute mode and scrape the bottom to remove any peices that might be stuck.
- Pour in the chicken broth and stir.
- Add in the black beans, pinto beans, chili beans, diced tomatoes, garlic, seasonings, and sugar. Mix well.
- Secure the lid into place, lock, and make sure the vent is set to seal. Hit manual mode and cook on high for 15 minutes. The Instant Pot will take time to get to pressure before the timer starts with 15 minutes.
- Once the cook time is up, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully perform a manual release to remove the remaining pressure until the pin drops.
- Remove the lid, stir, and then scoop the chili into a bowl and add your favorite toppings.
- Add different items such as corn, jalapenos, diced chilis, and tomato paste for different flavors.
- Store leftover chili in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Freeze remaining chili for up to 1 month in an airtight container.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.