This iced protein coffee is a simple and delicious way to increase your daily protein intake, especially on busy mornings! Just two ingredients are all you need to make this smooth and creamy drink.
Why You Will Love This High-Protein Iced Coffee Recipe
This iced coffee gives you and extra boost of protein that is full of flavor, without having to add caramel syrups to your coffee mixture, which are full of extra sugar. It’s very simple to make and you don’t miss the coffee shop experience. It’s perfect for getting extra protein and it’s easy to take with you on your way to work or after a morning workout.
It is so simple to add this protein-packed coffee to my morning routine. I make my coffee black with my K-cup coffee maker. I can use hot coffee pods or cold brew coffee pods. No matter how you make your favorite coffee, just chill it, then add your favorite protein shake flavor for a delicious coffee!
This high-protein iced coffee pairs with a balanced breakfast like a low-carb chocolate chip muffin, or eggs and bacon. Together, they break the boring coffee routines allowing coffee fans to enjoy energizing protein coffee with a variety of cream flavors.
This delicious and protein-rich coffee is the perfect combination of coffee and a creamy shake. The shakes are already sweetened with flavor, so your morning coffee will be full of beautiful coffee with a cream swirl, without having to go to an overpriced coffee shop.
Ingredient List for 1 Cup of Protein Coffee:
- protein caramel shake– or for chocolate flavor, use a chocolate protein shake
- freshly brewed black coffee-cooled to room temperature or chilled-instant coffee works too
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Step 1
Start by preparing the coffee of your choice, whether that’s cold brew or regular hot coffee. If you’re using a K-cup maker for your hot coffee, you can use any flavor pod you like.
- Step 2
Then simply put the brewed coffee into an airtight container, and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Step 3
Once chilled, pour the coffee over the ice.
- Step 4
Add the caramel protein shake (or your flavor of choice) and stir the ingredients to combine. (If using protein powder, see below)
- Step 5
If you prefer a stronger coffee taste, use 1/2 of the protein shake. For a sweeter cup of coffee, add 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk, or your favorite sweetener or artificial sweeteners. This will give you an extra creaminess and sweetness!
Instructions to Make Iced Protein Coffee with a Prepared Protein Shake :
How to make Protein Iced Coffee with Powder Protein:
Once your coffee is chilled, grab a tall glass and pour in two scoops of protein powder, using the convenient scoop provided in the protein container. You can choose whichever type of protein supplement you prefer – whey, vegan, or plant-based protein powder, etc.
Then just place some ice cubes in glass and fill up the rest with your chilled coffee. Mix everything together until it’s blended nicely and enjoy!
How to Make a Nutritious Protein Coffee Shake:
To make a blended frozen coffee shake, prepare your coffee and place it in the refrigerator to chill. (You can use it hot or warm, but it melts down the ice to be a very watered down shake, so I recommend you chill it first.)
Once it is chilled, add ice to a blender. Pour the coffee over ice and then add in the protein shake or whey protein powder.
Blend to mix everything together until ice blends with ingredients and the shake is smooth and has a creamy texture.
Variations to iced coffee flavor:
Protein shakes comes in a variety of delicious flavors. Each flavor is full of protein, vitamins, and minerals, to nourish your body. Our favorite flavors to mix in coffee:
- Vanilla Shake
- Café Latte
- Cinnamon Roll
- Chocolate Hazelnut with Oats
- Winter Chocolate with Mint
- Pumpkin Spice
Absolutely! Because this recipe uses cold coffee, if you make hot coffee ahead of time, then let it chill, you can make a few of these protein coffees at once. If you have leftover protein coffee, or make ahead, store them in mason jars, and then grab from the refrigerator when you want to partake in coffee.
This delicious and protein-packed iced coffee is perfect for travelling, especially when you need extra alertness. The protein shakes don’t need to be refrigerated so you can pack them and take them with you. Most hotels have ice makers and coffee makers so you have everything you need to make this drink.
You can use your favorite brand of shake to get your morning boost of caffeine. I like to use Premiere because they have about 30 grams of protein in one shake. If following low carb diets, it also only has 6 carbs! When counting macros or for weight loss, check your brand of shake for amount of grams of protein, calories, and other nutritional values that are in the shakes you’re using to make sure you are getting a good amount of extra protein boost.
- Southwestern Breakfast Taquitos
- Lemon Blueberry Muffins
- Fruit Charcuterie Board
- Kool Aid Pie
- Air Fryer Bacon Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup black coffee chilled
- 4 ounces protein shake about half of 1 protein shake
- Start by preparing the coffee of your choice, whether that's cold brew or regular hot coffee. If you're using a K-cup maker for your hot coffee, you can use any flavor pod you like.
- Then simply put the brewed coffee into an airtight container, and place it in the refrigerator to chill.
- Once chilled, pour the coffee over the ice, and then add the protein shake and stir the ingredients to combine. (If using protein powder, see below)
- For a stronger coffee taste, use less of the protein shake. For a sweeter cup of coffee, add 2 tablespoons vanilla almond milk, or your favorite sweetener or artificial sweeteners. This will give you an extra creaminess and sweetness!
- If you want a creamier texture, if you drink dairy, add your milk of choice. A few of our favorite cold milk options are regular or fat-free milk, coconut milk, soy milk, unsweetened almond milk, honey almond milk, or oat milk.
- For coffee lovers who prefer a stronger coffee taste, you can add a little less shake or use a double espresso shot pod.
- For an indulgent coffee drink, add chocolate sprinkles, a dash of cinnamon, a splash of heavy whipping cream, or stir in flavored creamer for coffee.
- When you’re in a hurry and need an extra caffeine boost, use instant espresso to make this iced coffee drink. Just pour the espresso over ice and add the protein shake.
- Try flavors of powder, like chocolate whey protein powder, chocolate peanut butter, extreme chocolate, or vanilla protein powder.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.
Leave a Reply