I LOVE this Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe so much that I make this recipe a couple of times a month. It is so easy, so delicious, and everyone loves it. I will admit that there is ONE problem with this recipe…there are never any leftovers. EVER. It’s that delicious. Don’t believe me? You are in for a surprise!
The Slow Cooker Taco Soup Recipe
If you have never had chicken taco soup before then I will have to say, you are missing out! It is full of flavor and is one of those soups that truly hits the spot on a cold day. Honestly, it doesn’t even have to be a cold day for me. I could eat it ALL day.
What ingredients do I need for Taco Soup?
To make this soup, turn your favorite slow cooker on low, and then add in these ingredients:
- red onion (finely chopped)
- boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
How to Make Chicken Taco Soup
Once you have all of your ingredients added, allow it to cook all day for 8 hours on low. If you are wanting to make this a little faster, turn it on high and cook for 4 hours.
What to serve with chicken taco soup?
When your Chicken Taco Soup is ready to serve, consider adding these toppings:
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
How do I store Chicken Taco Soup?
Leftover chicken taco soup can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can freeze chicken taco soup in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Head to the full printable recipe card below for instructions on how to freeze this recipe.
If you love this recipe, you might also enjoy:
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup Recipe
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 large red onion finely chopped
- 2 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 15 oz. can chili beans
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 15 oz. can black beans
- 1 15 oz. can whole kernal corn
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- Once you have all of your ingredients added, allow it to cook all day for 8 hours on low. If you want to make this a little faster, turn it on high and cook for 4 hours, stirring in between.
- Shred the chicken before serving. Use two forks to easily shred the chicken in the crockpot.
- When your Chicken Taco Soup is ready to serve, add in some toppings such as crushed tortilla shells, shredded cheddar cheese, and a little sour cream.
- Take a freezer safe sealable plastic bag and dump in all of the ingredients.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible and freeze for up to 3 months.
- To cook, allow the meal to thaw in the fridge overnight and then place in the crockpot for 8 hours.
- Shred the chicken before serving.
- Top with your favorite additions before serving.
FREEZER COOKING INSTRUCTIONS:
For freezer cooking, place all of the ingredients into a Slow Cooker Liner, and then twist tie closed. Place the liner with the ingredients into a freezer bag and then freeze after labeling. When you are ready to make this, remove the liner from the freezer bag, place the liner into your slow cooker, and then place on low and cook for 8-10 hours.