This Slow Cooker Potato Soup is easy to make in the crock-pot and one that everyone enjoys. You’re going to love this thick and creamy potato soup!
I love hearty recipes and those that are perfect for winter. Another favorite is this Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak. It always hits the spot.
But nothing compares to my favorite potato soup.
The Ultimate Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe
This has to be one of the most requested recipes I have ever made. it’s thick and creamy and will warm your body from the inside out.
I love to make this baked potato soup recipe, and it’s one of my families most requested recipes.
I’ve tested out a few slow cooker potato soup recipes and I always go back to this one. It’s by far the easiest and is a true slow cooker recipe. You don’t need anything else other than your slow cooker to make this creamy potato soup recipe.
Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup Recipe
This is such a great recipe and one I run to when I don’t have an extra hour and a half at night to make my other homemade baked potato soup recipe.
I hope you love this Slow Cooker Potato Soup Recipe as much as we do. If you like this recipe, you might also like:
- Slow Cooker Southwestern Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
- Crock Pot White Chicken Chili
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Slow Cooker Asian Beef and Ramen Bowls
We also have this great guide to meal planning with free printables to help you save time, money, and lower stress when it comes to dinner time.
Slow Cooker Potato Soup
- 6 medium baking potatoes cubed
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 8 slices bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 cup half and half
- sour cream
- green onion tops
- Coat the cubed potatoes with flour and place in the slow cooker.
- Add diced onion, bacon, and sprinkle pepper over the potatoes.
- Pour chicken or vegetable stock over the potatoes and cook on high for 3 and 1/2 hours.
- Use a potato masher to slightly mash the cooked potatoes and add half and half. Cook an additional 30 minutes.
- Scoop soup into bowls and add toppings of your choice.
- To make without flour: Omit the flour and cook as instructed for 3 and 1/2 hours. Slightly mash the potatoes. Add cornstarch to cold water and add it to the potato mixture to thicken. Cook an additional 3o minutes.