Easy baked spaghetti is the perfect weeknight meal. When you don’t have a ton of time on your hands but you need and want to get something on the table fast that offers some substance, this Baked Spaghetti recipe is EXACTLY what you need!
Don’t forget to check out our Easy Cheeseburger Casserole recipe as well. This is another super simple hearty meal that will have everyone lining up for seconds.
What I love most about this simple spaghetti recipe is that it takes a short amount of time to make. I know that I’m guilty of running ragged some days and that last thing that I want to do at night is make a meal that takes FOREVER to cook.
(And the kids aren’t going to be that patient to want to eat, either!)
Instead of spending any spare time that you have during the day in the kitchen, let this simple recipe be your knight in shining armor. It will seriously save you so much time!
We’ve had this many times this year and I’ve never heard a complaint, once. (And that’s because they’re too busy scarfing it down to even take the time to talk!)
THE BAKED SPAGHETTI RECIPE
The main thing to remember before you get started is to gather up your ingredients so you aren’t missing any. Once you do that, you’re golden. The recipe will come together easily and you’ll be amazed at how fast and simple it truly is.
Are you in a rush? Scroll down to the bottom of this page and grab the full printable recipe card. It has all of our tips and tricks and notes for this recipe. If you’re not in a rush, then definitely keep reading!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Spaghetti Noodles
- Ground Beef
- Tomato Sauce
- Ricotta Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
Check out these awesome photos so you can see my exact process for making this delicious dish.
Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cook beef in a large skillet until meat is brown and crumbly. Drain the fat from the meat and place it back into the skillet. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and pepper. Mix well.
Add 1⁄2 spaghetti noodles to a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with sliced butter, about half.
Mix ricotta, cream cheese, and sour cream until combined. Spread over the spaghetti and butter slices.
Top the cheese mixture with the remaining spaghetti and butter slices.
Pour the meat sauce mixture over the spaghetti. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Top with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
BAKED SPAGHETTI FAQS
What is a way to lower the fat content in this spaghetti recipe?
If you want to cut down on some of the fat, just swap out the ground beef and use ground turkey instead. It’ll still have an awesome flavor and taste.
Can you freeze spaghetti for later?
You can. Just put it into a freezer-safe container and pop it into the freezer for later. It’s really as simple as that.
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for this spaghetti recipe, leave it below in the comments. We’re always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you love this easy baked spaghetti recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Italian Meatballs
- The Best Homemade Meatloaf
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Spaghetti Squash & Tomato Basil Meat Sauce
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest.
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles pre-cooked
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter sliced into squares
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cook beef in a large skillet until meat is brown and crumbly. Drain the fat from the meat and place it back into the skillet. Add tomato sauce, oregano, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add 1⁄2 spaghetti noodles to a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with sliced butter, about half.
- Mix ricotta, cream cheese, and sour cream until combined. Spread over the spaghetti and butter slices.
- Top the cheese mixture with the remaining spaghetti and butter slices.
- Pour the meat sauce mixture over the spaghetti. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheddar cheese and bake an additional 30 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. 9. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw in the refrigerator overnight and reheat in the oven.