Taco Spaghetti is a fun and delicious twist on a classic family recipe. Made with ground beef, diced tomatoes and chilies, taco seasoning, 3 blends of cheeses, and more. It’s the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will devour.
If you love easy weeknight meals and are looking for comfort food that’s hearty and filling, you’ve found the right recipe. Not only is this dish perfect comfort food with lots of flavors, but you will be amazed at just how fast this dish will disappear.
It’s a great recipe and one that is a family favorite.
I first came upon this recipe from Taste of Home. I’ve made a few adjustments and love the way it turned out.
WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S FOR DINNER EVERY NIGHT? CHECK OUT OUR FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER.
How do I Make Taco Spaghetti?
For this recipe you will need to have a few simple ingredients on hand:
- lean ground beef
- olive oil
- taco seasoning packaged or your own taco seasoning mix)
- Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- cream of chicken soup
- cream cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- Mexican cheese blend
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- diced green onions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place the uncooked spaghetti into boiling water and cook to al dente per the package directions.
First, heat oil and uncooked beef in a dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat or medium-high heat. Cook beef until the meat is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly.
Add the water and taco seasoning mix and stir to mix well. Allow the taco meat to simmer for two minutes before draining off the water and excess fat.
Mix in the Rotel tomatoes, soup, Velveeta, and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are combined.
Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and stir until just combined. Top the spaghetti with the Mexican blend cheese and place into the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the spaghetti is heated through.
Carefully remove the Taco Spaghetti from the oven and garnish with green onion tops, a dollop of sour cream, and your favorite taco toppings before serving.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before discarding.
This is seriously one of my favorite recipes that’s full of your favorite taco flavors and it’s perfect for those busy weeknights.
FAQ’s and Substitutions
Can I use turkey for this spaghetti recipe?
Yes! If you are looking for a little different flavor, consider using lean ground turkey in place of the beef.
Do I have to use pasta?
If you’re looking to make this dish a little healthier, consider using a pasta substitute such as roasted spaghetti squash. You can even make individual Taco Spaghetti squash boats.
Do I have to use green chiles?
If you want the spaghetti to be a little lower on the spice scale, consider replacing the 10oz can of Rotel with a can of only diced tomatoes.
Can I add beans to Taco Spaghetti?
If you’re looking for an even heartier style spaghetti, consider adding a drained and rinsed 10oz can of black beans to the dish when adding in the cheese and soup.
What are additional toppings I can add to Taco Spaghetti?
There are so many toppings! After serving the spaghetti, consider adding additional toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh cilantro, or even pico de gallo.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Spaghetti
- Ground Beef Street Tacos
- Skillet Beef and Bean Taco Casserole
- Taco Casserole
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Oven Baked Hamburgers
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning My homemade seasoning
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 10 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 tbsp green onions diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the lean ground beef and cook until the beef is fully browned, no longer pink, and cooked through.
- Combine the water and taco seasoning to the meat and allow to simmer for two minutes. Drain the excess grease and water.
- Stir in the Rotel, soup, Velveeta and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Add the cooked pasta to the meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Top the dish with the shredded cheese and place into the oven. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove the taco spaghetti from the oven and garnish with green onion tops. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Substitute lean ground turkey for the lean ground beef.
- Consider adding beans such as rinsed and drained black beans to the recipe for an even heartier dish.
- Substitute pasta with roasted spaghetti squash and make Taco Spaghetti Squash boats.
- Use toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and more.
- Store remaining leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before discarding.
Claudia Lamascolo says
This is perfect and done in no time for a weeknight meal everyone loved it and I will being making this often!
What a lovely and unique twist! Have to try this with my toddler tonight
Wow – great flavours going on in this easy pasta dish. A few easy substitutions and it’s vegetarian too 🙂
What an interesting and easy recipe to try for dinner. Love that its ready in 30 minutes. Thanks for sharing.
Kathryn Donangelo says
This is such a delicious combination of taco flavor and spaghetti! Great idea and amazing recipe, thank you!