Taco Spaghetti is a fun and delicious twist on a classic family recipe. Made with ground beef, diced tomatoes and chilies, taco seasoning, 3 blends of cheeses, and more. It’s the perfect weeknight meal that the whole family will devour.
If you love easy weeknight meals and are looking for comfort food that’s hearty and filling, you’ve found the right recipe. Not only is this dish perfect comfort food with lots of flavors, but you will be amazed at just how fast this dish will disappear.
WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S FOR DINNER EVERY NIGHT? CHECK OUT OUR FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER.
I first came upon this recipe from Taste of Home. I’ve made a few adjustments and love the way it turned out.
How do I Make Taco Spaghetti?
For this recipe you will need to have a few items on hand:
- lean ground beef
- olive oil
- Rotel (diced tomatoes and green chilies)
- cream of chicken soup
- cream cheese
- Velveeta cheese
- Mexican cheese blend
- 10 ounces spaghetti
- diced green onions
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook the pasta per the package directions.
First, heat oil and uncooked beef in a dutch oven or large skillet over medium high heat. Brown ground beef until the meat is no longer pink and cooked thoroughly.
Add the water and taco seasoning mix and stir to mix well. Allow the taco meat to simmer for two minutes before draining off the water and excess fat.
Mix in the Rotel, soup, Velveeta, and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are combined.
Add the cooked spaghetti and stir until just combined. Top the spaghetti with the Mexican blend cheese and place into the oven.
Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the spaghetti is heated through.
Carefully remove the Taco Spaghetti from the oven and garnish with green onion tops before serving.
FAQ’s and Substitutions
Can I use turkey for this spaghetti recipe?
Yes! If you are looking for a little different flavor, consider using lean ground turkey in place of the beef.
Do I have to use pasta?
If you’re looking to make this dish a little healthier, consider using a pasta substitute such as roasted spaghetti squash. You can even make individual Taco Spaghetti squash boats.
Do I have to use green chiles?
If you want the spaghetti to be a little lower on the spice scale, consider replacing the 10oz can of Rotel with a can of just diced tomatoes.
Can I add beans to Taco Spaghetti?
If you’re looking for an even heartier style spaghetti, consider adding a 10oz can of rinsed and drained black beans to the dish when adding in the cheese and soup.
What are additional toppings I can add to Taco Spaghetti?
There are so many toppings! After serving the spaghetti, consider adding additional toppings such as sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, fresh cilantro, or even pico de gallo.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Baked Spaghetti
- Ground Beef Street Tacos
- Skillet Beef and Bean Taco Casserole
- Taco Casserole
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Oven Baked Hamburgers
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning My homemade seasoning
- 10 oz Rotel diced tomatoes and green chilis
- 10 oz spaghetti noodles
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 2/3 cup water
- 10.75 oz cream of chicken soup
- 4 oz Velveeta cheese cubed
- 4 oz cream cheese cubed
- 2 tbsp green onions diced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and cook the pasta as directed on the package.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the lean ground beef and cook until the beef is fully browned, no longer pink, and cooked through.
- Combine the water and taco seasoning to the meat and allow to simmer for two minutes. Drain the excess grease and water.
- Stir in the Rotel, soup, Velveeta and cream cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and combined.
- Add the cooked pasta to the meat mixture and stir to combine.
- Top the dish with the shredded cheese and place into the oven. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
- Remove the taco spaghetti from the oven and garnish with green onion tops. Serve with your favorite toppings.
- Substitute lean ground turkey for the lean ground beef.
- Consider adding beans such as rinsed and drained black beans to the recipe for an even heartier dish.
- Substitute pasta with roasted spaghetti squash and make Taco Spaghetti Squash boats.
- Use toppings such as pico de gallo, sour cream, fresh cilantro, and more.
- Store remaining leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before discarding.