One Pot Lasagna is a super easy and delicious weeknight meal. Made with lean ground beef, pasta shells, shredded cheese, and more. It’s a perfect meal to make for a crowd or one to use for leftovers, and it’s one the whole family will enjoy.
I love one pot meals meals and I love lasagna. In fact, one of my favorite recipes is Lasagna Roll-Ups. My family goes bananas every time I make those, so make sure you check them out, too.
I love this one pot lasagna pasta recipe. It’s perfect to make ahead of a busy night – especially if you have lots of after-school activities or plans.
Because this dish comes together quickly, it’s a good idea to gather all of your ingredients and supplies first.
What Do I Need on Hand
- large pot
- wooden spoon
- ingredients for one pot lasagna
- storage containers if needed
One Pot Lasagna Ingredients
- medium pasta shells
- olive oil
- lean ground beef
- ground black pepper
- Italian seasoning
- tomato sauce
- shredded Mozzarella cheese
- freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- fresh Italian parsley
How to Make Lasagna and Shells in One Pot
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Heat a dutch oven or large skillet over medium heat.
Add olive oil to the bottom of the dutch oven and using a wooden spoon, brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in the black pepper and Italian seasoning.
Remove the dutch oven from the heat. Stir in the pasta shells, tomato sauce, and water, and then cover with a lid.
Bake the covered lasagna mixture at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
Remove the lid and top the lasagna mixture with drops of Ricotta cheese and then cover the top with the shredded mozzarella and freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
Place the uncovered dish back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Carefully remove the dish from the oven and garnish with fresh Italian parsley before serving.
This is one of my family favorite easy recipes and perfect weeknight dishes. I always look forward to leftovers the next day with this dish.
You can also add Italian sausage or red pepper flakes to change up the flavors a bit. This is comfort food at it’s finest, so change it up any way you like.
Do I have to use tomato sauce in lasagna?
No! If you want to save time with the homemade tomato sauce and seasonings, simply grab your favorite brand of spaghetti sauce.
What substitutions can I use?
Substitute the pasta with lasagna noodles, or sub the beef with Italian sausage, or turkey. You can also add in cottage cheese or add in additional ricotta cheese, which is one of my favorites! You can also add in crushed tomatoes or add in more flavor by using a little tomato paste.
Can I make this recipe in the slow cooker?
Yes! Start with browning the beef in a medium skillet over medium-high heat and add the seasonings. Add the cooked beef, seasonings, and tomato sauce together and stir well. Add the meat sauce to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 4-6 hours, stirring occasionally, and allow the seasonings and sauce to blend together well.
An hour before serving, add in the cooked pasta and top with cheese. Place the lid back on the crock pot and cook for an additional hour before serving.
What can I serve with one pot lasagna?
Serve garlic bread, breadsticks, Italian salad, or any of your favorite sides.
How do I store leftovers?
Store remaining leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator. Reheat over the stovetop or in the microwave if desired.
Easy Lasagna Dish
One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you only have to use a single pot to make it. That’s less clean up and also easy storage for leftovers if you store it in the fridge with the same pot!
I hope you enjoy this easy lasagna recipe. It’s definitely a simple recipe and a family favorite dish.
MORE RECIPES YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Easy One Pot Lasagna and Shells
- Dutch Oven
- 12 ounces pasta shells medium
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese freshly shredded
- 3/4 cup Ricotta cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Italian parsley freshly shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a dutch oven or large oven proof skillet over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the dutch oven and brown the ground beef until no longer pink. Stir in the black pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Remove the dutch oven from the heat. Stir in the pasta shells, tomato sauce, and water, and then cover with a lid.
- Bake the covered lasagna mixture at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes.
- Remove the lid and top the lasagna mixture with drops of Ricotta cheese and then cover the top with the shredded mozzarella and freshly shredded parmesan cheese.
- Place the uncovered dish back into the oven for an additional 15 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Carefully remove the dish from the oven and garnish with fresh Italian parsley before serving.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.