These instant pot bbq meatballs are a delicious staple you’re going to want to try! These meatballs are moist, flavorful, and SO SO GOOD! You’ll be adding these bbq meatballs to all kinds of dinner recipes! Have you followed me on Pinterest yet?
This bbq meatball recipe is SO DELICIOUS – and it’s made in the instant pot! These instant pot bbq meatballs are so moist, flavorful, and delicious – the perfect match with your favorite pasta dish! Your tastebuds will be going crazy over this bbq meatball recipe.
bbq meatball recipe instant pot
I LOVE making these bbq meatballs to go with all kinds of pasta dishes – it’s one of my favorite staple recipes! We all love how this bbq meatball recipe comes out and I love that it’s made in the instant pot so they’re quick and easy!
how to make instant pot bbq meatballs
The only thing better than perfect meatballs – is perfect bbq meatballs made in the instant pot. They make dinner SO EASY – which is exactly what we need with hot summer days already here!
You’ll be running to this moist, savory, delicious bbq meatball recipe frequently – and loving the perfect taste!
While there is a little prep work with this recipe, there still isn’t much to it! These instant pot bbq meatballs just involve putting your meatballs together and then putting them in your instant pot to cook!
But of course, you’ll want to scroll down below to see the full recipe for these perfect bbq meatballs.
You’ll want to adjust the cook time as needed with this bbq meatball recipe – depending on the size of your meatballs. If you like yours a little smaller or a little bigger, make sure to adjust the cook times so you get your perfect meatballs!
bbq meatball recipe
I really love that these bbq meatballs don’t have any eggs in it – but yet still stay together perfectly!
I know you’re drooling over these bbq meatballs, so I won’t keep you waiting much longer. You’re going to love this bbq meatball recipe!
Enjoy these moist and flavorful instant pot bbq meatballs! They’re SO DELICIOUS and I know you’re going to love them! Be sure to let me know how yours turn out – I love seeing them.
Leave a comment below and let me know if you made these! We love your feedback, as it helps us decide what to create next. If you want to see more recipes like this, make sure to RATE this recipe!
Instant Pot BBQ Meatballs
- 1 teaspoon avocado or olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 3 pounds ground meat
- fresh thyme, to preference
- salt and pepper, to preference
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 1/3 cup bbq sauce, divided
- 2/3 cup stock or broth
- Start by heating the oil in the inner pot using the sauté setting on high, then cook and brown the onions. You can also use a small nonstick pan, if you prefer. As they are starting to brown in the pot, pour in some of the bbq sauce to caramelize them.
- When they are done, turn off the instant pot or burner and remove the onions. In a separate bowl, add the ground meat, thyme, salt, pepper, breadcrumbs, and 1 cup of bbq sauce. Set aside.
- Pour the stock into the bottom of the instant pot and then set the trivet into the bottom of the inner pot.
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together thoroughly, adding more bbq sauce or breadcrumbs as needed. make uniformly sized meatballs and set them into the trivet. Layer the meatballs without squishing the bottom ones into the bottom of the trivet. Brush the remaining bbq sauce on top of the formed meatballs.
- Check your sealing ring and then twist on the locking lid. Set the valve to sealing and select manual mode for 6 minutes. You may want to adjust your cook time depending on the size of your meatballs.
- When the pressurized cook time has passed, let the pot naturally pressure release for an additional 6 minutes before carefully manually releasing the rest of the pressure. There will be quite a bit of liquid in the pot around the meatballs, most of which is fat so you'll want to strain the meatballs.
- Allow the meatballs to cool for a few minutes before plating. Serve and enjoy!