A healthy chicken salad with apples and celery is one of my favorites! This chicken salad is made with greek yogurt, Rotisserie chicken, apples, and celery. It’s perfect to serve on salads, croissants, avocado, and much more!
If you like this recipe, you might also enjoy our Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Salad.
The Chicken Salad with Apples Recipe
When you are on the go and running constantly, sometimes it can be tempting to just head through a drive-thru. I know, because I would do it quite often. A few months ago I decided I was going to get in better shape and eat healthier. This isn’t a fitness or health blog, but I will tell you that health and fitness are very important.
I love to make chicken salad with green granny smith apples. The crisp sweet flavor of apples really helps make this chicken salad mouthwatering. The celery gives it just enough punch that put together with everything else, it’s one of my favorite ways to make a light and healthy chicken salad.
What else do I love? The fact that this recipe is super light. It’s one of my favorite ways to eat chicken salad now that I am a little older and have to be more conscious of what I put into my body.
What to serve with Chicken Salad
I love to serve my chicken salad with a fruit salad, but here are a few other options:
- Grape Salad
- fresh fruits
Classic serving options
Chicken salad can be served many ways, but here are a few of my favorites:
- on a bun – I like brioche buns.
- with mixed greens – any will do.
- on light bread – always a classic.
- on a croissant – definitely a favorite!
- in avocado – when I feel I need to be SUPER healthy. 🙂
Ingredients for Healthy Chicken Salad
You are going to need a few ingredients to make this amazing chicken salad:
- Rotisserie chicken – if you don’t like or have access to a Rotisserie chicken, cook or grill 2 chicken breasts, or use canned chicken as a last (but easy!) resort
- Mayo -I use reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil
- Greek Yogurt – non fat, plain
- Apples – I use 2 green Granny Smith apples
- Lemon – I love fresh squeezed lemon juice for this recipe.
- salt and pepper – to taste
- OPTIONAL – toasted pecans, toasted pine nuts, and slivered almonds are a favorite to add when I am eating this on a bed of lettuce.
Next, follow the steps below to make this healthy and delicious chicken salad recipe.
How to Make Chicken Salad with Apples
MIX: In a bowl mix chicken, celery, and apples well.
Combine: In a separate bowl combine mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice together. Mix well.
ADD: Combine chicken mixture with mayo mixture and stir well until mixed well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
SERVE: Serve immediately. I like to serve in a fresh Avocado, or over baby spinach salad greens, or as a sandwich with freshly baked bread.
How do you store Chicken Salad?
You can store chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I love to make extra servings of this recipe and serve it up differently for each of my leftovers.
What’s your favorite way to serve chicken salad? On a salad, bread, avocado, or by itself? I personally like to add my leftover chicken salad to a bed of lettuce and top it with toasted pecans, a few cranberries, and a tbsp of Italian dressing.
It’s so good!
If you are looking for a delicious and healthier version of chicken salad, then give this recipe for a healthy Chicken Salad with Apples and Celery a try.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
You may also like these :
- healthy high protein breakfast recipes
- protein-packed salad recipes
- crispy coconut chicken salad recipe
- easy avocado salad
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
Chicken Salad with Apples and Celery
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Rotisserie chicken cut and cubed
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayo with olive oil
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped apples I use 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- avocado for serving
- Mix chicken, celery, and apples.
- In a separate bowl mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine chicken mixture with mayo mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- OPTIONAL: Slice an avocado, remove the pit, and serve the chicken salad with avocado. It’s so good!