A healthy chicken salad with apples and celery is one of my favorites! This chicken salad is made with greek yogurt, Rotisserie chicken, apples, and celery. It’s perfect to serve on salads, croissants, avocado, and much more!
The Chicken Salad with Apples Recipe
When you are on the go and running constantly, sometimes it can be tempting to just head through a drive-thru. I know, because I would do it quite often. A few months ago I decided I was going to get in better shape and eat healthier. This isn’t a fitness or health blog, but I will tell you that health and fitness are very important.
I love to make chicken salad with apples. The crisp sweet flavor of apples really helps make this chicken salad mouthwatering. The celery gives it just enough punch that put together with everything else, it’s one of my favorite ways to make chicken salad.
What to serve with Chicken Salad
I love to serve my chicken salad with a fruit salad, but here are a few other options:
- fresh fruits
Classic serving options for Chicken Salad
Chicken salad can be served many ways, but here are a few of my favorites:
- with mixed greens
- on light bread
- on a croissant
- in avocado
How to Make Healthy Chicken Salad
You are going to need a few ingredients to make this amazing chicken salad:
- Rotisserie chicken
- Mayo (I use reduced-fat mayonnaise with olive oil)
- non-fat plain Greek Yogurt
- apples (I use 2 green Granny Smith apples)
- lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Next, follow the steps below to make this healthy and delicious chicken salad recipe.
What are the steps to make Chicken Salad
Step 1: In a bowl mix chicken, celery, and apples well.
Step 2: In a separate bowl mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice together. Mix well.
Step 3: Combine chicken mixture with mayo mixture and stir well until mixed well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Serve immediately. I like to serve in a fresh Avocado, or over baby spinach salad greens, or as a sandwich with freshly baked bread.
How do you store Chicken Salad?
Store chicken salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. I love to make extra servings of this recipe and serve it up differently for each of my leftovers.
What’s your favorite way to serve chicken salad? On a salad, bread, avocado, or by itself?
If you are looking for a delicious and healthier version of chicken salad, then give this recipe for a healthy Chicken Salad with Apples and Celery a try.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Like this recipe? PIN IT to one of your favorite boards! Follow PINKWHEN on Pinterest!
Chicken Salad with Apples and Celery
- 3 stalks celery finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups Rotisserie chicken cut and cubed
- 2 tbsp reduced fat mayo with olive oil
- 1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup chopped apples I use 2 granny smith apples
- 2 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- avocado for serving
- Mix chicken, celery, and apples.
- In a separate bowl mix mayo, yogurt, and lemon juice. Mix well.
- Combine chicken mixture with mayo mixture and stir well. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- OPTIONAL: Slice an avocado, remove the pit, and serve the chicken salad with avocado. It’s so good!