We love this easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken recipe. If you’ve never had Hawaiian chicken you’re in for a treat. Not only is this one of my favorite and easy instant pot recipes, but it is super delicious and packed full of flavor. With only THREE ingredients, this is a mealtime favorite.
The Hawaiian Chicken Recipe
I love easy weeknight meals, and this is easy with a capital E. It only takes a few minutes to prep and make.
It’s perfect for someone like me who comes home from a long day at work and wants to whip up something fast. It’s also fairly easy to throw into the slow cooker and cook all day, but I like the Instant Pot method for this recipe.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Hawaiian Chicken in the Instant Pot?
This Hawaiian Chicken recipe is very easy to make. You only need a few ingredients and about 30 minutes.
Here is what you will need for this dish:
- chicken breasts
- barbecue sauce
- pineapple tidbits (drained)
How do I make Hawaiian Chicken?
Making Hawaiian Chicken is fairly easy and a perfect beginner recipe for the Instant Pot.
First, place your trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add about a cup of water (depending on the size of the Instant Pot) and a tablespoon of the pineapple juice. Next, mix together your Dole pineapple tidbits and the barbecue sauce.
Cover the chicken breasts with the barbecue and pineapple mixture, and then place onto the trivet in the Instant Pot.
Make sure the lid is securely sealed and then place the Instant Pot on manual mode and cook with High pressure for about 13 minutes. Don’t forget to place the steam valve over to “sealing”. When time is up, hit cancel and allow 5-10 minutes to naturally release pressure.
How Do I Serve Hawaiian Chicken?
You can serve Hawaiian chicken in several different ways. My personal favorite is over a bed of brown rice, but you can serve in other ways as well:
- a bed of brown rice
- with grilled vegetables
- over mashed potatoes
- over caulirice
What Do I Serve with Hawaiian Chicken?
I love Hawaiian Chicken because it is such a great and versatile recipe. You can serve it with many different sides such as:
I am so in love with this recipe, and I love the Dole Pineapple Tidbits added. They give this chicken so much flavor, and I love that their products are only the highest quality non-GMO fruits and vegetables, all packaged with care.
If you love this recipe as much as I do, consider these other easy dinner ideas:
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Thighs
- Instant Pot Meatloaf
- Instant Pot Whole Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Chicken and Dumplings
- Instant Pot Beef Tips and Rice
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Instant Pot Meatballs
I also share how to make the Perfect Instant Pot Chicken that can be used for so many different recipes.
I would love to hear what you think of this recipe! Make sure you leave a comment and rate this easy Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken recipe
- 3-4 chicken breasts
- 1 16 oz barbecue sauce
- 1 20 oz Dole Pineapple Tidbits (drained)
- First, place your trivet in the bottom of the Instant Pot and add about a cup of water (depending on the size of the Instant Pot) and a tablespoon of the pineapple juice.
- Next, mix together your Dole pineapple tidbits and the barbecue sauce. Cover the chicken breasts with the barbecue pineapple mixture, and then place onto the trivet.
- Make sure the lid is securely sealed and then place the Instant Pot on manual mode and cook with High pressure for about 13 minutes. Don't forget to place the steam valve over to "sealing".
- When time is up hit cancel and allow 5-10 minutes to naturally release pressure.
- Remove your chicken from the Instant Pot with tongs and serve over a bed of rice, or for a healthier version, over a bed of lettuce.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you're using with each recipe.
If you love this Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken recipe, we would love for you to share it!