This T Shirt Face Mask tutorial is quick and easy and can be done in 2 minutes. Take an old T Shirt and make it into a quick DIY face covering. You can easily follow along with our step by step photo instructions.
While our world is going through crazy times right now, face masks aren’t easy to come by. Medical grade masks should be used by medical personnel, so here is a simple tutorial on how to make your own.
How to Make a Face Mask from a T Shirt
Grab an old T Shirt and lets get started with this easy face covering tutorial.
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Cut the shirt into a 12×18 inch piece of fabric.
- Bring the two bottom corners into the middle of the square.
- Bring the top two corners to the middle to create a rectangle. Then repeat both steps again making a smaller rectangle.
- Add rubber bands or hair bands to about 3-4 inches in from the ends of the rectangle.
- Fold the outside ends into the middle, creating a smaller rectangle.
- Bring the mask up to your face, placing the bands around your ears. Adjust to cover your mouth and nose.
What Shirt Material Works Best With This Tutorial?
You want the material to be thin enough after the folding that you’re still able to breathe! Make sure you use a thinner material such as cotton or a cotton blend.
A super quick and easy face covering tutorial! Remember, this isn’t a replacement for a medical grade mask and should only be used if you MUST to go out for necessities.
MORE IDEAS YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY
If you like this post, you might also enjoy these other ideas:
The best way to fight a virus is to stay home, stay healthy, wash hands frequently, and stay quarantined.
We’ve also made a super quick video so you can watch us make this fave covering step by step. Take care friends!