A delicious Chicken Nachos Recipe made with chicken, cheese, black beans, corn, pico de gallo, and pineapple chunks. Sounds crazy, right? Well, these chicken nachos are crazy good. A perfect Game Day recipe everyone is sure to enjoy.
Nachos are a perfect recipe for Game Day or for when you’re looking for something quick to cook for dinner. They are a perfect recipe to use with leftover chicken and come together quickly.
Whenever we have a big game, we like to indulge in some awesome snacks. We have our favorite go-to recipes like Slow Cooker Spicy Hot Wings, and this ultimate chicken nachos recipe is one that always makes the menu. The only problem with making these nachos is that they will go fast, so make sure you have extra supplies on hand because you might be making a second batch for your party.
LOADED CHICKEN NACHOS
Just what makes these nachos better than the others? They are loaded with mouthwatering flavors! You won’t believe just how easy these nachos are to make and the ingredients are something of a surprise. In fact, one of the secret ingredients is pineapple chunks. It totally makes the flavor, and these nachos won’t be the same without them.
You can make these nachos in several different ways:
- Skillet Nachos – If you’re serving a smaller group, add all of your ingredients to a skillet and bake them in the oven until the cheese is fully melted.
- Sheet Pan Nachos – Layer your nachos on a baking sheet and pile it high with all of your favorite ingredients. This is my favorite way to make game day nachos.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR LOADED CHICKEN NACHOS
- CHICKEN – 1 cup cooked/grilled chicken – I prefer this to be pre-cooked, so I am typically using leftover chicken from a previous recipe. It makes this recipe so quick and easy.
- VEGETABLES – You can mix and match these up as desired, but for this recipe, I really like to have black beans, corn, and pico de gallo
- TOPPINGS – I love to top things off with Monterrey Jack cheese and a sliced jalapéno. Consider adding sour cream and fresh cilantro when serving.
- TORTILLA CHIPS – Restaurant style chips are the best to use. They are thicker and larger which means they will be able to hold up under all of the weight of this nacho yumminess.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN NACHOS
1. While the oven is heating up, take a large baking sheet and spread the tortilla chips out in an even layer as best as you can. Make sure to cover the entire sheet.
2. Cover the tortilla chips with the refried beans (it’s easier to spread evenly by using a butter knife).
3. Then cover with black beans and corn. Mix the pineapple with the Pico de gallo, and then cover the nachos with the Pico and pineapple chunks.
4. Cover the recipe with the shredded cheese, and then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is fully melted and lightly golden.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Take the diced jalapeno and cover the nachos before serving.
Oh oh oh!!! These are so amazing, and seriously so easy to make.
I love fun game day recipes, and this is definitely at the top of the list. What are your favorite game day recipes? If you love nachos, you need to add this recipe for ultimate game day chicken nachos to your menu. You won’t regret it!
If you love these chicken nachos as much as we do, consider leaving us a comment and/or a rating. It tells us what we’re doing right and also lets us know what we should keep sharing with you.
You might also enjoy these recipes :
- Best Chili Recipe
- Instant Pot Meatballs
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Grilled Chicken Kabobs
- Crack Chicken Sliders
Game Day Chicken Nachos
- 1 cup cooked, grilled chicken
- 1 15oz black beans
- 1 jalapéno
- 1 15oz sweet corn
- 2 tbsp chopped pineapple
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 15oz refried beans
- 2 cups Monterrey Jack shredded cheese
- 40 tortilla chips
- Heat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cover a large baking sheet with tortilla chips.
- Cover chips with refried beans, corn, and black beans.
- Cover with pico de gallo and pineapple chunks.
- Sprinkle on the cubed chicken, and then cover with cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is fully melted and light golden brown.
- Add sliced jalapéno before serving.
- Serve with a side of guacamole and use additional toppings such as sour cream and cilantro to give these nachos even more flavor.