These Slow Cooker Spicy Hot Wings are simply one of the BEST and EASIEST recipes I have ever made. If you are looking for no-fuss but full of flavor, these Crock Pot Chicken Wings are made just for you.
You might also enjoy this list of 15 Freezer Crockpot Meals with a printable shopping list included.
Easy Crock Pot Chicken Wings Recipe
I don’t know about you, but I am a BIG fan of hot wings. I love them when they are fresh off of the grill and served on a platter, but since I do most of the cooking, that rarely happens.
Instead, you will find this recipe for crock pot chicken wings more often than any other hot wing recipe I make. In Louisiana, we love all things HOT, and this is one of those HOT recipes. So grab yourself a glass of water and start cooking up this perfect game day treat.
What Ingredients are needed for Crock Pot Chicken Wings?
Here is a quick list of everything you will need.
- brown sugar
- crushed garlic
- 2 – 4 pounds regular chicken wings
- cooking spray
- Louisiana Hot sauce
- cayenne pepper
Yes, these are called SPICY hot wings for a reason. I like adding the brown sugar to give them a little sweeter taste, but it’s by far a delicious, spicy hot wing recipe.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Wings
Mix the brown sugar, crushed garlic, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper into a medium mixing bowl. Mix well and then set aside.
Use a cooking spray to coat the crock pot liner and the hot wings. (Coating the hot wings will keep them moist and seal in the flavors.)
Add the wings into the mixing bowl with the spices and toss to give them a good even coat.
How long do you cook chicken wings in the crock pot?
For fresh, unfrozen wings, place in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours.
After 4 hours, remove carefully and place on a prepared cookie sheet.
Place in the oven under broiler setting for 4-6 minutes, allowing the wings to get a little crisp.
Serve immediately with a little blue cheese dressing and celery.
Can I cook frozen chicken wings in the crock pot?
You can cook frozen chicken wings in the crock pot but will want to adjust your settings and cook time a little.
For frozen wings, I will cook them on high for 2.5-3 hours, and then on low for an additional 2 hours.
What to serve with Crock Pot Chicken Wings
Here are a few great sides you can serve with these wings:
- loaded potato salad
- macaroni and cheese
- Mexican street corn
- house style salad
Looking for more Crock Pot recipes? Check out these CRAZY good slow cooker salsa verde chicken tacos, or these crock pot chicken sliders, or these Ultimate Game Day Chicken Nachos.
You Might Also Like:
- Crockpot Chicken Spaghetti
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Hot Wings
- Copycat KFC Chicken Recipe
- Copycat Chick Fil A Chicken Nuggets
Slow Cooker Spicy Hot Wings
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp crushed garlic
- 2 - 4 pounds regular chicken wings
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup Louisiana Hot sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- Yes, these are called SPICY hot wings for a reason. I like adding the brown sugar to give them a little sweeter taste, but it is by far a delicious spicy recipe more than anything.
- To get started, mix the brown sugar, crushed garlic, hot sauce, and cayenne pepper into a medium mixing bowl. Mix well and then set aside.
- Take the cooking spray and spray the entire inside portion of the slow cooker AND also the wings. (Spraying the wings before you grill, bake, or cook chicken keeps the flavor and makes them super juicy. TRUST ME.)
- Take the wings and add them into the mixing bowl with your spices and toss to get a good even coat over the wings.
- Place in the slow cooker on low for 4 hours. After 4hours, remove carefully and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Place in the oven under broiler setting for 4-6 minutes, allowing the wings to get a little crisp.
- Serve immediately with a little blue cheese dressing and celery.
- Spray the liner and the wings with cooking spray. This helps seal in the flavors.
- Cook frozen chicken wings in the crock pot for 2.5-3 hours on high, and then on low for an additional 2 hours.
If you are looking for a delicious game day treat with out a lot of fuss, try this Slow Cooker Spicy Hot Wings recipe. It takes minimal effort and is a total crowd pleaser. If you like it HOT, this is the perfect appetizer.