If there’s one simple and clean food that I love to eat, it’s avocado. There’s just something about that creamy texture and taste. So when I discovered that I could easily create this Avocado Egg Salad, I knew that my daily lunch habits were about to drastically change. This simple salad recipe brings me so much happiness and is such a great treat for my tastebuds!
Make certain to pair this delicious Avocado Salad recipe with one of these 15 Delicious Homemade Breads. Creating a hearty sandwich using homemade bread just can’t be topped!
What if I told you that you could have a salad for lunch or dinner without having any actual lettuce in your bowl? Because in our house, sometimes salad recipes vary and mean something totally different than what you think.
If you like classic and basic, you might also love this easy egg salad.
And, if you need to make eggs fast, check out how to make eggs in the Air Fryer!
And in my book, having options for salads is always a good thing. I love feeding the family a fun meal that you can easily eat on its own, as a sandwich, or even as a fun dip for crackers and chips.
Of course, I love the classic chicken salad, and I really love this light and healthy chicken salad with apples. But if you’re looking for something a little different, you’re going to love this avocado salad recipe!
THE CREAMY AVOCADO SALAD RECIPE
What is awesome about this simple salad recipe is that it works for so many things. We can make this up for a quick lunch or snack or even pack it up in a cooler and take it for a picnic at the park.
It’s a lunchtime game changer.
And I really love the added fresh cilantro because it gives it such a fresh taste to this egg salad. I *might* sometimes go a bit overboard on the cilantro and add in a bit more than what the recipe calls for…but you do you and see what you like! 🙂
I adapted this recipe from another favorite egg salad version I found on All Recipes.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Hard-boiled eggs – always good to add a little protein to your diet.
- Avocados – the star of this recipe full of healthy fat.
- Fresh cilantro – I like to add a little extra, give it a try and see what you think.
- Mayo – believe it or not, you don’t need a lot of mayo, a little goes a long way.
- Salt – depending on your palate, you might want a little more than a pinch.
- Ground Black Pepper – I just use a tad bit.
- Lemon – fresh lemon juice is always best.
Let’s make this delicious and easy avocado egg salad with these simple steps.
STEP BY STEP PHOTOS
I think these photos are going to make you super hungry and anxious to make this simple salad recipe!
Avocado Egg Salad Recipe
Slice avocado and add them to a medium mixing bowl with hard boiled eggs.
Mash and mix the avocado and eggs until you have medium/large chunks.
Add in lemon juice, cilantro, mayo, and season with salt and pepper.
Serve on your favorite bread, bagels, or as a salad. You can also add in a little green onion if desired.
Need to make a few changes to livin things up even more? Here are a few suggestions on how you can make a little added flavor go a LONG way for this egg salad sandwich.
- Add toppings like diced jalapeno for a little spice
- Add lime juice for more flavor
- Celery salt can add more flavor as well.
- Use plain yogurt instead of mayo.
- Instead of two slices of bread, make it a lettuce wrap.
How to Serve
Serving this creamy avocado egg salad can be done in a few different ways. I love to eat my salad on regular bread, but you can also serve this avocado salad in a few different ways:
- On a toasted Everything bagel
- On Artisan bread or whole grain toast
- On a bed of lettuce
- All by itself with nothing but a fork and your mouth. 🙂
AVOCADO SALAD FAQS
How do you keep avocado from turning brown?
If you’re worried about your avocado salad changing color, you shouldn’t have to worry with this recipe. Just make certain that you’re adding in the lemon juice as that should keep your avocado from turning brown.
What else can you add into this avocado salad recipe?
It’s really up to you, but you can add in other items if you want. Chopped onion and even chopped up fresh jalapeños would be a great addition that would add a super fun flavor and taste.
What happens if my avocado mashes up when mixing?
Don’t worry, even if you’re using an overripe avocado and it gets a bit mushy when mixing together with your egg, it’s still perfectly fine to eat and use as a salad. It’ll just be a little more spreadable and creamy rather than in chunks. It will still taste awesome!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you enjoy this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- 5 hard boiled eggs
- 2 medium avocados
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil based mayo
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Slice avocado and add them to a medium bowl with boiled eggs.
- Mash and mix the avocado and eggs until you have medium/large chunks.
- Add in lemon juice, cilantro, salt, pepper, and mayo. Mix well.
- Serve on your favorite bread, bagel, or as a salad.
- Best served the day of making this recipe so that the mashed avocados don’t turn brown.
- Use lime juice instead of lemon juice for added flavor.
- Consider replacing the mayo with a non-fat olive oil-based mayo or with plain greek yogurt.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.