These perfectly crisp air fryer frozen fries are better than fast food! And you can prepare them fastest than you could even get to a restaurant to pick them up to-go. These frozen french fries, which have been crisped to wonderful perfection with the right amount of salt, will satisfy your cravings for fast-food-style fries without having to leave your house.
There’s just something about air fryer frozen french fries that makes them so irresistible. Maybe it’s the perfect crisp texture or the yummy flavor, but whatever it is, these fries are definitely addicting! So if you’re looking for a tasty snack that won’t have you sitting in the drive-thru for half the afternoon, air fryer frozen french fries are for you! Plus, air fryers are so incredibly easy to use!
Why You Should Make These Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- From frozen to crispy perfection in under 20 minutes
- Always a favorite with the kids and adults – you can’t go wrong with french fries!
- Practically no prep is needed! Just pull a bag of frozen fries from the freezer, open it and start air frying!
What You Need To Make Frozen Air Fryer French Fries
- Frozen french fries
- Olive oil spray
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons
- Serving dish
How to Make Perfectly Crispy Air Fryer French Fries
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius.
Step 2. Place the fries in a single layer into the air fryer basket and then spray a light coat of oil and then season with salt.
Step 3. Air fry frozen french fries at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, shake the fries, and then cook for an additional 8-10 minutes cooking time, depending on how crispy you like your fries.
In an airtight container, crisp air fryer french fries can be stored in the refrigerator for 3 to 4 days. To reheat, simply put them back in the air fryer at 350 degrees for 6 to 8 minutes or until they are nice and crispy again.
I do not suggest refreezing already cooked french fries.
Tips For Making The Best Frozen Air Fryer French Fries
- To make sure all of your fries get cooked evenly and crispy, pull the basket out every few mins and shake the fries up.
- Don’t overfill the air fryer basket. Air cannot circulate properly when the air fryer basket is too full and will result in unevenly cooked french fries.
Substitutions and Variations
- French Fries- There is no particular style or brand of french fries to use for this recipe, so feel free to utilize your preferred style and brand.
- Olive Oil Spray- If you’re trying to avoid additional oils or don’t have any spray olive oil on hand, feel free to leave it out.
- Salt- Salt is not required in this recipe. If you’re trying to keep your sodium intake low, leave the fries unsalted. You may also add any additional seasonings to these fries to make them how you want them.
What To Serve/Pair With Your Air Fryer Frozen Fries
Let’s be honest, what don’t french fries go with? I can personally vouch for the fact that french fries can be consumed with pretty much everything! Try some delicious chicken wings, chicken strips or, steak bites.
Perfectly Crisp Air Fryer Frozen Fries FAQs
Do I need to thaw frozen french fries before putting them in the air fryer?
No, you should not defrost frozen french fries before putting them in the air fryer. Simply move them from the freezer to the air fryer without thawing them first.
Can I pour the whole bag of fries in the air fryer basket at one time?
No, I wouldn’t. For the best results, I recommend cooking the frozen fries in batches. The french fries do not need to be in a single layer but keep in mind that they should not overfill the basket so that they cook evenly.
Would this recipe work in the oven too?
Yes, this recipe will work in the oven as well. Just follow the oven directions on the back of the package. However, the french fries will not come out as golden brown and crispy as if they were cooked in the air fryer.
Will different cuts of french fries require different cook times?
Yes. The thicker the french fry, the longer the cooking time will be. I suggest going by the original recipe and then adding an additional 2 to 3 minutes if needed.
Do I need to add any oil to my frozen air fryer french fries?
No, store-bought french fries already contain oil, so there is no need to add more. The addition of the olive oil in this recipe does help with not only the browning but the flavor. It is optional, though.
Don’t forget to come back and let me know how your frozen fries turned out in the air fryer!
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES:
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Crispy Air Fryer Frozen French Fries
- 1 pound french fries frozen
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit/200 degrees Celsius.
- Place the fries in a single layer into the air fryer basket and then spray a light coat of oil and then season with salt.
- Air fry frozen french fries at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes, shake the fries, and then cook for an additional 8-10 minutes cooking time, depending on how crispy you like your fries.
Pat claiborne says
Would love hard cover print of your recipes. Do you have one coming. Your recipes are so easy and fast
Thank you! I do not, but you can always print these recipes and put them in sheets and in a binder. My sister site is airfryingfoodie.com and we do have a few eCookbooks you can print, and a book that’s on Amazon.