Fresh Air Fryer Green Beans – vibrant, plump green beans fresh from the farm tossed in olive oil, garlic, salt, and pepper then air fried creating a crackly exterior while maintaining a crisp juice inside resulting in an irresistible side dish or snack. These delicious air fryer green beans are ready in less than ten minutes and are sure to be a hit among kids and adults alike!
The next time you are looking for a delicious, healthy side dish or appetizer to feed your guests, look no further than these Fresh Air Fryer Green Beans. It’s the perfect alternative to those soggy, mushy, overcooked green beans that usually show up at pot lucks. These air fryer green beans are so tasty and easy to prepare!
They take less than ten minutes in the air fryer and can be served as an appetizer or turned into a salad.
The best part is that they don’t require a bunch of prep work- just toss them with olive oil, garlic, salt & pepper, then place them in the air fryer until golden brown!
You might also like to serve these green beans with some air fryer pasta chips!
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Green Beans
- This air fryer green bean recipe only calls for a few ingredients that you probably already have at home.
- Great as a side dish or a yummy snack
- Ready in under 10 minutes
- Even the pickiest eaters will love these crispy green beans
Equipment You’ll Need To Make Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large mixing bowl
- Serving bowl
- Serving spoon
Ingredients For Your Fresh, Olive Oil & Garlic Air Fryer Green Beans
- Green Beans
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
How to Make Green Beans In The Air Fryer
Step 1. Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with nonstick spray or olive oil if needed.
Step 2. Cut the ends of the green beans, then rinse them in water.
Step 3. In a large bowl combine the beans with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Toss the ingredients together until the beans are fully coated.
Step 4. Place the beans in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Depending on the basket size, you may need to make 2 batches.
Step 5. Cook at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, tossing the beans once or twice until they reach your desired crispness.
Step 6. Carefully remove the beans from the air fryer basket and add additional toppings such as salt, parmesan cheese, or your favorite extra seasonings.
How To Reheat & Store Leftover Green Beans
Let green beans cool to room temperature before storing. Once green beans are cooled off, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 days.
To reheat, simply return them to the air fryer and cook at 360 degrees for 3 or 4 minutes to reheat.
Tips For Making Fresh Green Beans In The Air Fryer
- Do not overfill your air fryer basket. Overfilling your air fryer basket will result in beans that aren’t cooked thoroughly.
- If using thin french green beans, reduce cooking time to 6 minutes so as not to burn them.
- Because there are so many types of air fryers out there, they all cook differently, so you may need to adjust cooking times depending on your own air fryer.
What To Serve/Pair With Air Fryer Green Beans
The possibilities are practically endless with what to serve with air fryer green beans! Bacon-wrapped chicken, salmon, kabobs, instant pot crack chicken pasta, and burgers are all fantastic options to serve with these garlicky air fryer green beans.
Fresh, Olive Oil & Garlic Air Fryer Green Beans FAQs
Can I use frozen green beans?
Yes. Frozen green beans can be used in this recipe. However, frozen green beans tend to cook mushy and do not crisp up as well as fresh green beans do.
Are precut green beans from the produce section an option for this recipe?
Yes! Fresh pre-cut green beans from the produce section are an excellent option for this recipe, especially if you are running short on time. Avoid wrinkly, floppy green beans. Firm, bright green beans work best.
Can I use my oven instead of the air fryer for this recipe?
Yes! These green beans are great in the oven too. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place green beans in a single layer on a baking sheet. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes. Remember to toss green beans halfway through cooking time.
Will canned green beans get crispy in the air fryer?
No, canned green beans will not work in the air fryer. Because canned green beans have already been cooked and are canned in liquid, they will just turn into mush.
Are air fryer green beans gluten-free?
Yes! This recipe is actually gluten-free, dairy-free, low-carb, and keto-friendly
I bought large thick green beans. Do I need to cook these beans longer?
Yes, depending on the type of green beans you buy, you may need to adjust the original cooking time stated in this recipe.
We hope you enjoy these green beans as much as we do! If you’re looking for more Air Fryer Side Dishes, check out these below.
MORE AIR FRYER SIDE DISHES:
I Would Love to Hear From YOU!
Let Me Know What You Think!
Be sure to leave a review of this recipe and give it a star rating. It lets me know how I am doing and lets others know they should try it!
Tag Me In Your Photos! Are you on Facebook? If so, join the Easy Air Fryer Recipes Group (with hundreds of thousands of Air Fryer Fans!) and share your photos! I love to see your creations. If you’re on Instagram, tag me @pinkwhenjen.
Have a Question or General Feedback?
Jump down to the COMMENT section and let me know! I would love to help and also love feedback on all of my posts.
Air Fryer Green Beans
- Air Fryer
- 1 pound green beans fresh, not canned
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the basket with nonstick spray or olive oil if needed.
- Cut the ends of the green beans, then rinse them in water.
- In a large bowl combine the beans with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, and ground black pepper. Toss the ingredients together until the beans are fully coated.
- Place the beans in a single layer into the air fryer basket. Depending on the basket size, you may need to make 2 batches.
- Cook at 400 degrees F for 8-10 minutes, tossing the beans once or twice until they reach your desired crispness.
- Carefully remove the beans from the air fryer basket and add additional toppings such as salt, parmesan cheese, or your favorite extra seasonings.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.