I always love making things, and making a delicious mac and cheese recipe is right up there at the top! Who doesn’t love good comfort food….not to mention, comfort food with tons of cheese? Are you following me on Pinterest yet?
There are so many different ways to make a good homemade mac and cheese recipe, but today I am sharing one with you that I created and am in LOVE with. I love farfalle mac and cheese, and hopefully you will love this as much as I do.
Mac and Cheese Recipe
What you will need for you Mac and Cheese:
- Bowtie pasta
- Extra Sharp Cheddar
- Extra Sharp White Cheddar
- salt and pepper
- sour cream
- unsalted butter
- parsley for garnish
Step 1: Heat your oven to 350, and then cook your pasta as directed. Drain.
Step 2: Shred the cheese with a cheese grater.
Step 3: Add butter, salt, pepper, cheese, and sour cream to a medium sized bowl with cooked noodles.
Step 4: Stir until combined.
Step 5: Pour in a prepared 9 x 13 baking dish.
Step 6: Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Serve hot.
This is such a quick and simple side dish, and one of my favorites. The flavor and cheesiness of this dish is amazing, and always good no matter what main dish you are serving with it.
Looking for a few other dishes to make with this amazing recipe? Make sure you head over to my recipes tab and check out all of the delicious recipes you can also make with this dish.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
Cheesiest Bowtie Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 package of Bowtie pasta cook as directed
- 1 cup Extra Sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 cup Extra Sharp White Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Fresh Parsley for garnish
- Step 1: Heat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, and then cook your pasta as directed. Drain.
- Step 2: Shred the cheese. Add cooked noodles, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper, and butter to a medium mixing bowl and stir until combined.
- Step 3: Add to a 9 x 13 prepared casserole dish, top with extra cheese if desired, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Step 4: Remove from oven and serve hot.
- Top with fresh parsley for garnish.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
I hope you give this awesome mac and cheese recipe a try, and you can thank me later!!