Can you believe there is a National Hotdog Day? Well these cuties are the official cupcake of National Hotdog Day! It’s not a real title, but we’re claiming it for ourselves. There’s an actual holiday on July 18th. If you love all things hotdogs this hotdog dessert will knock your socks off!! It’s perfect for summer parties but more importantly – they’re super fun hotdog cupcakes that everyone will LOVE! Before you get to the recipe, make sure you’re following me on pinterest!
These hotdog cupcakes are THE PERFECT summer treat – especially for national hotdog day coming up! Kids will especially love how fun these are and they’re so moist and delicious too!
hotdog cupcakes dessert
We made this hotdog dessert recently to try them out and we just loved them! They’re moist, sweet, and delicious while being SO MUCH FUN to make. We all LOVED them and might be making them a time or two again this summer.
how to make hotdog cupcakes
The only thing better than moist, delicious cupcakes are cupcakes dressed up to look fun! And boy these hotdog cupcakes are just that! These really put a fun twist on making cupcakes and are perfect for parties, celebrations and even playdates! Everyone will LOVE this fun hotdog dessert.
While these may look tough to make, they’re so easy! It’s as easy as baking them and decorating them once they cool. You’ll be pretty proud of how fantastic they look for how easy they really are. Be sure to scroll down for the full recipe!
If you have a curious little one in your family, they’ll love to be your assistant in the kitchen for this one! There’s definitely areas they can assist with too and they’ll have SO MUCH FUN helping with these hotdog cupcakes.
hotdog cupcakes recipe
We put our cupcakes in yellow liners to go with the theme of our hotdog dessert and it just added to the vibe. You can even put them in red or brown liners for the same feel.
I know you’re just DYING to get to the recipe and make these hotdog cupcakes so I won’t keep rambling forever. Just scroll down to get to the recipe!
Enjoy this fun hotdog dessert recipe! Be sure to let me know how your hotdog cupcakes turn out – I love to see them!
Leave a comment below and let me know if you made these! We love your feedback, as it helps us decide what to create next. If you want to see more recipes like this, make sure to RATE this recipe!
- 12 vanilla cupcakes, prepared
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces brown fondant
- 12 cubed caramel candies
- red decorating frosting
- yellow decorating frosting
- Bake your cupcakes according to package or recipe directions and allow them to cool completely.
- In a stand mixer, beat the sugar, butter, milk, and vanilla on medium speed and gradually increase to high. Beat until a semi-stiff consistency has formed.
- Ice each one of your cupcakes with a frosting bag.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper and start rolling out the fondant into small 1/4 inch spheres. Then roll them into cylinders with rounded ends - these will be your "hot dogs".
- Start kneading each caramel candy and flatten each one to be 1 inch in diameter - it will act as your "hot dog bun".
- Then, place your "hot dog" in the center of your flattened caramel candy and wrap it to look just like a hot dog. Decorate the top with red and yellow frosting to look like ketchup and mustard and place on top of each cupcake.
- Serve at a fun summer party and enjoy!
If you loved these cupcakes as much as we did, you’ll love these nutella buttercream cupcakes!
Or these delicious strawberry and cream filled cupcakes!