These pumpkin spice cupcakes are full of that wonderful pumpkin flavor. Any pumpkin lover will agree that this perfect pumpkin cupcake recipe is the perfect way to welcome in fall. Add this to your list of delicious pumpkin recipes today!
Make certain to check out my for even more of my favorite things. The perfect blend of spices when baking is what it’s all about!
I’m not kidding when I say that these are the best pumpkin cupcakes. Just in time for pumpkin season, you’ll be scraping the batter off the sides of the bowl. There’s no way that you want to miss a drop of batter of these delicious pumpkin spice cupcakes.
This pumpkin mixture is great to bake and make at home or whip up for school bake sales as well. This great recipe is way better than anything that you’re going to find at the grocery store.
The important thing to remember when making moist pumpkin cupcakes is that you don’t want to overmix the cake mix. Just follow the printable recipe below and get ready to love the flavors of fall.
All you need are the following ingredients to get started! You’ll be mixing in a circular motion and adding to your oven in no time at all.
- cake flour OR all purpose flour
- baking powder
- pumpkin pie spice
- ground cinnamon
- unsalted butter, softened
- granulated white sugar
- canned pumpkin
How to Make Pumpkin Cupcakes
Preheat the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Line a cupcake/muffin pan with paper liners, then set it aside.
In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Set the flour mixture aside.
Using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar, until creamy. Add in the eggs and beat together until it becomes light and fluffy.
Gradually mix in the dry ingredients with the milk, continue mixing for about 30 seconds, then whisk in the pumpkin pie filling. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
Scoop the batter into the prepared liners, filling about ⅔ full, about ¼ cup.
Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
Is canned pumpkin really pumpkin?
You have to be careful and pay attention to the labels! Some canned pumpkin is made with pumpkin puree while others are made with squash. It’s true – if you read the ingredients you’ll find that many canned pumpkins don’t even have pumpkin in them at all!
What are other fun baking ideas for this cupcake recipe?
You can easily turn these into mini cupcakes, a pumpkin sheet cake recipe, or anything else that you can be creative with!
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for these simple pumpkin spice cupcakes, leave it below in the comments. We’re always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
If you love this recipe for Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Air Fryer Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Pumpkin Pie
- Pumpkin Muffins
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Chicken Enchilada Pasta
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Cupcakes
- 2 cups cake flour OR 1 ¾ cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- Preheat the oven 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Lne a cupcake/muffin pan with paper liners, then set it aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and salt. Set the bowl aside.
- Beat together the butter and sugar, until creamy. Add in the eggs and beat together until it becomes light and fluffy.
- Gradually mix in the flour mixture with the milk, continue mixing for about 30 seconds, then whisk in the pumpkin. Scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared liners, filling about ⅔ full, about ¼ cup.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the cupcakes spring back when lightly touched.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.