These peanut butter muffins are not only mouthwateringly delicious but also a lower calorie version. Not worried about calories? Add in chocolate chips and a little more peanut butter for even more flavor! These delicious muffins are perfect for breakfast or dessert and can be made in just 30 minutes from start to finish.
Peanut Butter Muffins are a filling and delicious recipe to make. I love how versatile they are! You can keep them low calorie with this easy recipe, or make a few changes to make them even more delicious with just a few more calories.
HOW TO MAKE PEANUT BUTTER MUFFINS
I love to make these muffins from scratch. You only need a handful of ingredients you probably already have on hand and just 30 minutes from start to finish. They are perfect for breakfast or dessert, and they make the kitchen smell AMAZING!
You only need a few ingredients on hand:
- all-purpose flour
- light brown sugar
- old fashioned oats
- baking powder
- creamy peanut butter
MAKING MUFFINS FROM SCRATCH
I love this muffin recipe because it is so easy to do. If you have a young one who is learning to bake, this is the perfect beginner recipe that is quick and delicious.
- In a large bowl mix brown sugar, oats, flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, egg, and milk.
- Add peanut butter mixture to flour mixture and stir until blended.
- Fill muffin tin with batter about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
HOW TO STORE PEANUT BUTTER MUFFINS
Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. You can also store these muffins in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week.
You can freeze these muffins in an airtight container for up to 3 months. To warm them back up, cover with a paper towel and warm them in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until warmed at your desired temperature.
PEANUT BUTTER MUFFIN MODIFICATIONS
This recipe is a lower calorie recipe and has a light peanut buttery taste. If the calories don’t bother you, consider adding in a few of these ingredients to make them even tastier:
- chocolate chips
- almond slivers
- crushed walnut
For an even healthier version, you can substitute all-purpose flour for almond flour. It’s a gluten-free flour and higher in protein.
If you enjoyed this recipe, you might also enjoy:
- Banana Bread Muffins
- Double Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- Skinny Chocolate Banana Bread
Thanks again for taking the time to read this recipe! We hope you enjoy it for years to come. We would love for you to share your reviews with us. Consider rating this recipe, leaving a comment, or sharing it with your friends. Any of those things will help us determine what you like and what we should make and share next.
Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup peanut butter creamy
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and lightly grease a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl mix together flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a smaller bowl mix together peanut butter, egg, and milk.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture into the flour mixture and blend well.
- Fill the muffin tin with the batter until they are 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.