Slow Cooker Beef Tips made in the Crock Pot are one of my favorite ways to make beef tips. They’re delicious, tender, and full of mouthwatering flavors. Double this beef tips recipe and meal prep different things. This recipe is so versatile and there are so many different ways to serve it. I’ll show you how!
SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS RECIPE
I bet my family has beef tips at least once per month. It is one of my go-t0 favorites, and not only is it delicious, but it also only takes a handful of ingredients. If I am not making Crock Pot beef tips I will use my pressure cooker for Instant Pot Beef Tips.
A good beef tips recipe is all about the seasoning. I love to use Dale’s steak seasoning with beef tips and with my roasts. Not only is it delicious, but the flavors are not overpowering and make everything taste mouthwateringly delicious.
This recipe is one of my favorites because you can make a large batch and serve it in so many different ways throughout the week. It’s great to use for meal prep and for dinner recipes.
HOW TO SERVE SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS
When the beef tips are finished cooking there are several different ways you can serve it. Serve it over traditional base options, or even all by itself.
WAYS TO SERVE SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS
- Over rice, caulirice, or even quinoa.
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted spaghetti squash
- Over egg noodles
- With a baked potato
SIDES TO SERVE WITH SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS
- Vegetable medley
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS
This recipe is so easy and it’s a perfect beginner recipe. My college student loves to make these and impress her friends with this delicious meal. It tastes as if you’ve slaved over a stove, and in reality, you spent just a few moments adding the ingredients to your slow cooker.
WHAT KIND OF SEASONING SHOULD I USE FOR BEEF TIPS
About 90% of the time I will use Dale’s Seasoning. If you’re unable to purchase it locally and want something similar, I would use Worcestershire sauce, garlic and onion powder, black pepper, and a little oregano to my taste.
I also have a substitution for the cream of mushroom soup in the recipe card below.
HOW LONG DO I COOK SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS IN THE CROCK POT
I recommend cooking the beef tips on low for 8 hours, or on high for 4 hours. If you sear the beef tips in a skillet before placing them in the slow cooker, you can shorten that time. For instance, I will sear in the flavors with my skillet and brown the beef tips before placing them into the Crock Pot. I then cook them on high for 3 hours before serving. If I want them to cook all day after searing them, I will place them in the Crock Pot on low for 6 hours.
HOW DO I STORE SLOW COOKER BEEF TIPS
You can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. You can also freeze these beef tips in an airtight container for up to a month.
Let me know if you get a chance to try these! You can leave a comment below or tag me on Instagram @pinkwhenjen so I can see what you’re making. I love to see others share the recipes that I love and share with you.
Before you go, I would love it if you would rate this recipe in the card below. It lets others know how good the recipe really is, and lets me know what I should continue to make and share with you. If you would like to get these recipes emailed to you on a regular basis, sign up for my recipe newsletter. If you’re looking for other easy meals to make during the week, check out my weekly meal plan. It’s where we share our favorite weekly meal plan ideas.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips
- 2 lbs sirloin beef tips
- 15 oz canned cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1/2 cup Dales Seasoning
Substitutes for Dales Seasoning and Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 15 oz beef broth
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp oregano
- 3 tbsp cold water
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
Making Beef Tips with Cream of Mushroom Soup and Dales Seasoning
- Add Dales Seasoning, water, and Cream of Mushroom Soup together in a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Place Beef Tips in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover the beef tips with the soup mixture.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
Slow Cooker Beef Tips without Cream of Mushroom Soup or Dales Seasoning
- Season beef tips with pepper, minced garlic, and onion powder.
- Add beef broth and Worcestershire sauce to the Crock Pot.
- Add beef tips to the Crock Pot. Sprinkle with Oregano.
- Cook on High for 4 hours.
- In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and water together. Add to the Crock Pot and mix nto the beef tips mixture. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Consider browning the beef tips in a skillet on medium high heat for a few minutes before placing them into the Slow Cooker.
- Serve beef tips over rice, quinoa, caulirice, noodles, mashed potatoes, and more for different dinner ideas.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.