This Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken is one of my family’s favorite recipes. You can have delicious creamy ranch chicken with just a few ingredients. It’s such a versatile recipe and can be served in several different ways. If you’re looking for a delicious ranch chicken recipe that’s easy to make, look no further.
I love this recipe for many reasons. You can make this for a small crowd or easily double it for a larger group. You can also serve this ranch chicken in so many different ways. It’s the perfect go-to recipe when you need something easy and delicious and without too many ingredients. I also love to use this recipe for meal prepping. It’s so versatile and that’s why it’s one of our favorite recipes.
SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
I swear I have a zillion recipes for chicken. We love to cook with chicken and with ranch seasoning. There are so many different dishes you can make and the Ranch flavors are so good with just about everything. Ranch is a very mild seasoning so the whole family will devour it without complaining of it being too spicy.
This recipe is also great to have on hand because you can make it into so many different dishes. It’s the perfect dish when you are looking to meal prep and batch cook. You can use the leftovers with sandwiches, serve on a bed of lettuce, make ranch chicken sliders, and more.
You only need a few ingredients for this recipe.
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
There are so many things to love about this recipe, but one of the best is that it’s super easy. Even the most inexperienced cooks can make this ranch chicken. It’s a perfect starter recipe for a college student just starting out with their Crock Pot.
1. Add two cups of chicken broth to the slow cooker and then add the chicken breasts.
2. Cover the chicken breasts with ranch seasoning.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours.
4. Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred.
5. Add the shredded chicken back to the slow cooker and mix in the cream cheese.
6. Serve with your favorite sides.
HOW TO SERVE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
There are so many different ways to serve ranch chicken. It’s a great recipe to use for batch cooking and to use for meal prep. Here are a few ways you can serve ranch chicken:
1. Cook the chicken with carrots and potatoes and make it an entire meal.
2. Shredded ranch chicken is delicious when served over rice, quinoa, or even healthy cauliflower rice.
3. Serve on slider buns for ranch chicken sliders.
4. Serve with flour tortillas and all of your favorite toppings.
5. Add shredded ranch chicken to a baked potato.
6. Serve the shredded chicken on a bed of lettuce.
The options are almost endless, and they are all so amazingly good. This ranch chicken recipe is such a good base recipe to learn and to create with. As you can see, it really does make the perfect base for meal prepping. We even have this recipe added into our weekly meal plan because it is so versatile.
We are going to do our best to answer the most common questions we’ve seen for this recipe. If you can think of any more, leave us a comment below and we will be happy to answer them to the best of our ability.
HOW TO SHRED CHICKEN
I have two favorite ways to shred chicken, and both of them are relatively easy. If I am busy and need both hands, I will use my stand mixer to shred the chicken. It takes less than a minute and does all of the work for you. If I am not in a rush, I will grab two forks and shred the chicken on a cutting board. Both options are super quick and easy.
Another option is to purchase meat claws to help shred the chicken. If you’re like me you probably can’t fit any more gadgets in your cabinets or drawers. The kitchen space is valuable in my house!
HOW LONG DO I COOK RANCH CHICKEN IN THE SLOW COOKER
I find that cooking chicken on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours is the best when it comes to cooking chicken in the Crock Pot. Anything longer and your chicken could be a little on the dry side. As always, you want the chicken to be fully cooked with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
HOW DO I STORE SLOW COOKER RANCH CHICKEN
Place any leftover chicken in an airtight container. You can store the shredded chicken in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To freeze, place the chicken in an airtight container and store for no longer than one month.
Are you looking for other ways to use shredded chicken? We have a few other recipes you might enjoy:
We hope you enjoy this Creamy Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken. If you’ve never had it, it will soon be one of your favorite, easy meals. We would love for you to leave us a rating or comment below if you enjoyed this recipe.
Want even more recipes? Join our email newsletter and get recipes sent straight to your inbox.
Slow Cooker Ranch Chicken
- 2 chicken breasts large
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 3 tbsp ranch seasoning
- Add two cups of chicken broth to the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the Crock Pot.
- Cook on high for 3 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and shred. Place back into the slow cooker.
- Add cream cheese and mix until creamy.
- Serve this Ranch Chicken recipe on sliders, with salads, and with potatoes. There are many options for serving Ranch Chicken.
- Save leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the refrigerator.