Crockpot Freezer meals are perfect for quick and easy dinners during the week. Do you want to easily stock your freezer with meals for easy dinners? Stock your freezer with these easy crockpot freezer meals!
We are sharing 15 delicious crockpot recipes that are family friendly (shopping list included!).
We have 4 children (they span a 10-year difference!), I homeschool, we own a brick and mortar business, and I do photography, so I don’t have a ton of extra time on my hands.
While the workweek isn’t the best time for me to cook, I will spend a couple of hours on the weekend preparing meals that I can easily add to my crockpot.
Meal prep is seriously the best way to save time during the week ahead.
Not only that, but people who prep meals always use grocery lists and tend to save money on groceries and on eating out.
Sounds like a win-win to me!
WHY I LIKE FREEZER MEALS
- Most are super quick and easy to prep with no cooking ahead of time
- They cook easily out of the freezer without any differences in taste (Whoop!)
- You save a TON of money by prepping meals all at once by purchasing items in bulk.
When I am prepping crockpot meals I will have all of my ingredients out and ready to go. If any of my meals require ground beef, I will take a few minutes to brown that ahead of time.
I use plastic sealable freezer bags for all of my meals and they all stay fresh and delicious for up to three months.
If you’ve never made crockpot freezer meals before, you are going to be so excited about how much of a money and time saver this process is.
ITEMS YOU WILL NEED:
- Freezer safe sealable bags (Large and small)
- Sharpie marker for labeling date/recipe/instructions
- Labels (optional/you can write on the bag directly)
- Crockpot/Slow Cooker
When making my slow cooker freezer meals I like to separate the vegetables. I will keep the vegetables in a smaller ziplock freezer bag and tuck that inside of the larger freezer bag.
I typically add the vegetables later in the cook time to keep them from going mushy. Slow cooker meals are made easy with a little organization!
I love creating my slow cooker meals for the freezer. It’s such a smart way to save time during the week and save money. I know I have said that before, but just incase you skipped that part I wanted to mention it again. 🙂
I also like to rotate meals, and I find these slow cooker recipes are the ones that end up in my meal plan most frequently.
15 CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS
You can click through to any of these recipes for the FULL printable recipe. I also have a shopping list included for all 15 meals to help with making bulk purchases of your ingredients.
1. White Chicken Chili: this white chicken chili recipe is one of my favorites! It’s such a delicious light chili that we make this during every season of the year.
2. Slow Cooker Taco Soup: Slow Cooker Taco Soup is made with chicken, beans, chilis, and more for the perfect Taco Tuesday meal, or any day that ends in Y.
3. Chicken Fajitas: We love fajitas, and this chicken fajitas recipe is an easy one to put together for meal prep.
4. Beef Fajitas: Just like the chicken fajitas, but we make this with steak, onions, and peppers.
5. Slow Cooker Chili: One of my all time favorite chili recipes. It’s as simple as browning the beef and then adding all of the ingredients into the freezer bag.
6. Roast Beef and Carrots: I love this recipe because you can use carrots, or you can sub in some ranch packets and Pepperoncini peppers with liquid to make a Mississippi roast.
7. Sloppy Joes: Always a hit when we make these sloppy joes! The kids love it when this meal is on the menu for the week.
8. Southwest Chicken Soup: One of my favorite hearty chicken soup recipes made with chicken, corn, black beans, and more.
9. Beef Tips: ALWAYS a favorite and super easy to make. Made with beef tips and the perfect blend of seasonings. Serve over rice or potatoes for a delicious, complete meal.
10. Crack Chicken Pasta: Definitely a keeper, and if you’ve never had Crack Chicken Pasta, you will be in for a treat.
11. Tater Tot Chili Cheese Casserole: Still one of our weeknight favorites and something I am always craving in the winter. Made with chili, cheese, and tater tots.
12. Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken: I can never have enough BBQ, and this slow cooker BBQ chicken always hits the spot in this house.
13. Ranch Pork Chops: Easy to prep and easy to eat! Ranch pork chops can be served over rice or potatoes and they’re so good you’ll want seconds.
14. Crockpot Lasagna: Crockpot Lasagna is made with oven ready noodles, meat sauce, cheese, and more for a delicious and easy lasagna made perfectly in the slow cooker.
15. Crockpot Hawaiian Chicken: Hawaiian chicken is one of our favorite meals and this one is full of flavor and is always a hit at the dinner table.
Grab the shopping list and you will be ready to make every single recipe. Want to make some serious bulk freezer meals? Double the ingredients to make 2 of each meal and be set for an entire month.
SLOW COOKER FREEZER MEAL FAQs
Crockpot freezer meals typically last for 3 months but can be extended if you are using a vacuum sealing system.
The answer is yes, you want to cook the ground beef for any freezer meals you are prepping before placing the meals into the freezer.
You do not have to cook chicken before placing it into the freezer bag. I will keep the chicken and other ingredients separate so that I can cook the chicken on a higher temperature, shred or slice it when it’s cooked, and then add the remaining ingredients to the Crockpot for the recipe.
To make freezer crockpot meals you will want to thaw them in the refrigerator the night before you are set to cook the recipes.
TIPS TO KEEP CROCKPOT FREEZER MEALS FRESH
We have a few tips to help keep your hard work fresh for as long as possible.
- Squeeze as much air as possible out of the ziplock bags before sealing and freezing.
- If prepping on different days, arrange your freezer meals in order of date created.
- Keep a box of baking soda in your freezer to help with freshness.
- Consider using a vacuum sealer to keep freezer meals longer than 3 months.
Don’t forget to grab your free printables!
- Grab the shopping list here.
- Grab the free freezer labels here. (I used Avery labels template #22827)