These Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings are about to rock your world! Made with your favorite bbq sauce, chicken wings, a little seasoning, and you’ll have perfect crispy chicken wings in under 30 minutes. If you’re looking for a quick and easy wing recipe, you’ve found it!
I am a huge fan of crispy chicken wings . In fact, these air fryer wings are so perfect, I won’t go out to eat wings at a restaurant ever again. I love making wings in the Air Fryer, and after you make this recipe, you will, too!
When making these wings, I definitely suggest making them with your favorite sauce. I love to use Sweet Baby Ray’s, but you may have one that you and your family already loves – so use what you love.
You can make these amazing, juicy, crispy wings in under 30 minutes. You only need to have a few ingredients on hand and then the rest is done by the Air Fryer.
These really are the best air fryer chicken wings.
I love to surprise everyone and make this a family dinner. It’s a easy recipe that everyone loves to eat. They are also the perfect wings for game day!
When I tell the family I am making wings for dinner, they get excited! The best chicken wings are always made in the Air Fryer – in my opinion.
If you don’t have time to read this post, don’t fret. You can head down to the bottom of this post and print the recipe card which will have all of our notes, tips, and tricks, along with the full recipe and instructions. Print it out or save it for later.
- chicken wings
- garlic powder
- brown sugar
- olive oil spray
- barbecue sauce (I like Sweet Baby Rays
How to Make Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
First you will want to rinse and pat the chicken wings until they are dry.
Next you will want to create a dry rub for the wings. Combine the garlic powder and brown sugar and rub the seasoning over the wings.
Place the seasoned wings in a single layer to the bottom of the Air Fryer basket. Set the cook time and temp and shake the basket or use tongs to flip the wings every few minutes while cooking. The wings should be fully cooked when a meat thermometer reads with an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once the wings have finished cooking, place chicken wings in a large bowl and cover them in the barbeque sauce. Toss the wings until they are completely and evenly covered in sauce.
What dipping sauce should I serve with these wings?
I love dipping sauce and have a few favorites with these wings: Creamy Ranch, Honey Mustard, and more of your favorite BBQ sauce.
How do I make my wings extra crispy?
Add a pinch of baking powder to the dry rub seasoning for extra crispy skin.
WHAT AIR FRYER SHOULD I USE?
JOIN OUR NEW AIR FRYER FACEBOOK GROUP!
We love our Air Fryers and actually have two of them! If you’re in the market for an Air Fryer I love to use both the Ninja Foodie Pro and the Cosori 5.8Q.
The Ninja Foodi is a grill and has several different options. It’s also called an air crisper, and you can learn more about that here. I like this for larger projects. You can open the top and check on what’s cooking, and you can also use the temperature probe and never undercook or overcook anything again.
The Cosori has a basket, is an actual air fryer, and makes it easy to shake things around while cooking. The handle on the basket makes removing the basket easier, and it’s very easy to clean. Each works very well and I use them both with this big family of mine. I can have them both working and have dinner done FAST.
They both really do work great and I love to use them on an almost daily basis. One last thing I would recommend with whichever air fryer you choose, make sure to get some basket liners. They are amazing and help make cleanup a breeze!
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
I love this Air Fryer Chicken Wing recipe. It’s the best way to make chicken wings that are guaranteed to give you the best results.
Looking for more Air Fryer Recipes:
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer
- 24 chicken wings
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2/3 cup BBQ sauce
- olive oil in a spray bottle
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 380 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the Air Fryer basket with olive oil spray.
- Rinse and pat the wings untl they are completely dry.
- Mix the garlic and brown sugar together, and then use as a dry rub over the wings. For extra crispy wings, add a pinch of baking powder to the seasoning.
- Place wings in a single layer in the basket of the air fryer.
- Cook on 380 degrees Fahrenheit for 16 minutes, flipping every 4 minutes. Increase the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for an additional 4 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to ensure the wings have reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1-2 minutes at 400 if needed.
- Remove the chicken wings from the air fryer basket and place them into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Cover the wings with the BBQ sauce and then toss the wings until they are completely coated in sauce.
- Serve with your favorite sides and dipping sauces.
- Serve with dipping sauces such as creamy ranch, honey mustard, and extra BBQ sauce.
- To make the skin extra crispy, add a pinch of baking powder to the seasoning before placing the rub on the chicken wings.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.
These were on point. We have a family of four so we had to stack them slightly. Still crispy as! Shall cook them again this way!