These air fryer chicken wings happen to be the best chicken wings I have ever had. I won’t make them any other way! These wings are juicy, crispy, and full of flavor. You can’t buy wings that taste anywhere close to these.
Not only that, but I am also sharing my favorite sauce to serve them with.
I’ve gone to many wing places and have made tons of wing appetizers in my life. One thing I can positively say about this recipe is that it is by far the best way to make wings. I won’t ever make them any other way again.
This recipe is made with the perfect temperature, perfect times, and perfect seasonings that will make even the best wing connoisseurs want to get a second serving.
We’re going to share with you our favorite tips and tricks throughout this post. If you’re in a hurry, head down to the bottom of this post and grab the full printable recipe card. You can also click the Jump to Recipe button above all of my posts to quickly get there. If you’re not in a hurry, stick around for even more great tips!
What do I need for this recipe?
You’re going to need a few things on hand for this recipe and for the sauce. Don’t skimp on the sauce! It takes these wings to a whole different level of awesomeness. Air frying chicken wings isn’t rocket science, but there are a few things you want to have to make them perfect.
- Chicken wings
- Olive oil
- Black pepper
- Onion powder
- Garlic powder
For the sauce you’ll need to have:
- Louisiana hot sauce (or your favorite brand)
- Butter or margarine (I use margarine in this recipe)
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
WHAT AIR FRYER SHOULD I USE?
JOIN OUR NEW AIR FRYER FACEBOOK GROUP!
We love our Air Fryers and actually have two of them! If you’re in the market for an Air Fryer I love to use both the Ninja Foodie Pro and the Cosori 5.8Q.
The Ninja Foodi is a grill and has several different options. It’s also called an air crisper, and you can learn more about that here. I like this for larger projects. You can open the top and check on what’s cooking, and you can also use the temperature probe and never undercook or overcook anything again.
The Cosori has a basket, is an actual air fryer, and makes it easy to shake things around while cooking. The handle on the basket makes removing the basket easier, and it’s very easy to clean. Each works very well and I use them both with this big family of mine. I can have them both working and have dinner done FAST.
They both really do work great and I love to use them on an almost daily basis. One last thing I would recommend with whichever air fryer you choose, make sure to get some basket liners. They are amazing and help make cleanup a breeze!
Step by Step Instructions
Time needed: 20 minutes.
Step by Step Instructions for the best air fryer chicken wings.
- Cut the wings.
Take the chicken wings out of the package and cut them into smaller pieces.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Cover with oil and seasonings.
Add the olive oil and seasoning to a large ziplock back and add the wings. Toss the wings in the seasoning and olive oil.
- Add the wings to the air fryer.
Add the wings into the air fryer basket, covering the bottom of the basket in a single layer.
- Cook the wings in the air fryer.
Cooking times for this chicken recipe will change. Cook the chicken wings on 360 for 18 minutes, tossing the wings every 6 minutes or so. Then increase the temperature to 390 degrees and cook for an additional 2 minutes, for a total cook time of 20 minutes.
- Make the buffalo sauce.
While the wings are cooking, grab all of your ingredients for the buffalo sauce and a small saucepan. Add all of the buffalo sauce ingredients to the saucepan and bring it to a boil, and stirring constantly. Once it’s reached a boil, remove the sauce from the heat and cover it for 3 minutes.
- Cover the wings in sauce.
Place the cooked wings into a large bowl and pour the sauce over the wings. Carefully toss and soak the wings for 2 minutes.
- Remove the wings to a plate and serve with your favorite sides and dipping sauce.
We love to dip ours in a creamy ranch dip. The flavors are PERFECT.
These wings are perfectly flavored, have the perfect level of juiciness, and are crispy, too. You are seriously going to want to make this air fryer chicken wings recipe over and over again, it’s that good!
If you like ranch dipping sauce as we do, make sure to go to the look in the refrigerated section of your grocery store for Marie’s Creamy Ranch. You can also get Marie’s creamy ranch in personal-sized dipping cups. It’s our favorite ranch dipping sauce with these wings.
Air Fryer Chicken Wings FAQs
You will read different ways to make chicken wings in the air fryer, but I am a firm believer in cooking a little longer at a lower temperature and then increasing the temperature for the last couple of minutes. It titans the juice and gives it the perfect little crisp.
I prefer to flip the wings in the air fryer in 6 minute intervals. You’ll read where others will wait for longer intervals, but I personally prefer to frequently toss them.
Yes! Wings cooked in the air fryer use less oil so they have less calories and fat. And as an added bonus, they generally require less kitchen cleanup.
Looking for more recipes?
If you like these Air Fryer Chicken Wings, you are also going to love:
- Air Fryer Tater Tots
- Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Wings
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites
- Air Fried Honey Garlic Wings
- Air Fryer Chicken Breasts
- Blackened Chicken
- Copycat Chick Fil A Nuggets
- Air Fryer OREOs
- Learn how to Reheat Pizza in Air Fryer
Looking for more Air Fryer recipes? We will be sharing more of our favorite air fryer recipes with you soon, so stick around and follow along.
Make sure you grab the full printable recipe card below. If you make these wings (and you should!) make sure to come back and let me know what you think by leaving a comment and a rating in the recipe card below. You’ll never want to eat fast food wings again!
Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- 15 chicken wings cut in two
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 cup Louisiana Hot Sauce or your favorite brand
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 tsp paprika
- 4 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Heat the Air Fryer to 360 degrees.
- Add the wings, seasoning, and olive oil to a sealable bag. Seal the bag and toss the wings to coat evenly with olive oil and seasoning.
- Add the wings in a single layer to the bottom of the prepared Air Fryer basket. Set timer for 20 minutes. Cook wings on 360 degrees Fahrenheit for 18 minutes, flipping the wings every six minutes.
- Increase the heat to 390 degrees Fahrenheit after 18 minutes, and cook the last 2 minutes on 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the wings are cooking, heat all of the ingredients for the sauce in a medium saucepan.
- Bring the contents to a small boil, stirring frequently. Once it comes to a boil, remove from heat and cover with a lid.
- Add sauce to cooked wings, tossing and allowing them to soak in the sauce for a minute.
- Remove wings to a plate and serve with creamy Ranch dressing, or all by themselves.