Air Fryer Chicken Breasts give you that perfect crispy outside with a tender, juicy, inside. You’ll love how quick you can make chicken breasts in the air fryer for an easy dinner or for simple meal prep. All with just a handful of ingredients.
What I’ve found that makes me happiest about this simple air fryer chicken recipe is that it takes me less than 20 minutes to make. And when I have hungry kiddos chattering that they’re “starving”, I know that I have minimal time to get something healthy in their tummies before they start raiding the pantry.
This is why I always revert back to this simple chicken breast recipe. Because without a doubt, it tastes amazing every single time.
And I think it’s safe to say that when my air fryer makes dinner, it’s just so much easier on me, too!
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
Chicken breasts can be the best and the worst at times when you’re cooking. It’s the leanest form of chicken, but it can also be the hardest to keep from drying out.
I’ve made this about a dozen times now and I’m still just as happy with it as I was the first time I made it.
Every air fryer is different, but they all cook equally as well as your convection oven. Don’t bother heating up the house when you can have dinner on the table quick and easy with this countertop appliance.
What Air Fryer Should I Use?
The Ninja Foodi is a grill and has several different options. It’s also called an air crisper, and you can learn more about that here. I like this for larger projects. You can open the top and check on what’s cooking, and you can also use the temperature probe and never undercook or overcook anything again.
The Cosori has a basket, is an actual air fryer, and makes it easy to shake things around while cooking. The handle on the basket makes removing the basket easier, and it’s very easy to clean. Each works very well and I use them both with this big family of mine. I can have them both working and have dinner done FAST.
They both really do work great and I love to use them on an almost daily basis. One last thing I would recommend with whichever air fryer you choose, make sure to get some basket liners. They are amazing and help make cleanup a breeze!
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED
- Chicken breasts (boneless skinless): clean and pat dry before beginning.
- Olive oil: either rubbed or as a spray to help the coating and seasonings stick.
- Bread Crumbs: I use plain bread crumbs for this recipe.
- White Pepper: to give this chicken breast a little extra spice.
- Garlic powder: for added flavor.
- Onion powder: another great added flavor.
- Black pepper: to add another little layer of spice.
AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST FAQS
What internal temperature should chicken always be cooked to?
In order for the chicken to be cooked all the way, you need to make certain that it has an internal temp of at least 165 degrees. Using a meat thermometer is the easiest and safest way to get a good reading on the meat temp.
How long do I air fry a chicken breast?
Chicken breasts can come in different sizes and weights and therefore will need to have the time adjusted to the size and weight of each breast. We share our simple cooking table in the recipe card below.
Should I use oil to air fry chicken breasts?
I like to use a combination of olive oil to rub and an olive oil spray. Rubbing the chicken breasts with olive oil before cooking will help the seasonings to stick.
Spraying the chicken breasts with a little olive oil spray will also give it that delicious slightly crispy coating and coloring.
Do you need to let chicken rest after cooking?
Letting your chicken rest is a good way to let the juices relax a bit and keep it moist. I like to wrap in foil and let my chicken recipes rest for about 5 minutes before serving.
Should I marinate chicken before cooking?
In this case, you don’t have to marinate the chicken before cooking. However, marinating the chicken breast can infuse it with a lot of additional flavors and can also help keep the chicken moist during the cooking process.
You can find a lot of great chicken marinades on the internet to choose from that will suit your tastes.
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for this air fryer chicken recipe, leave it below in the comments. We’re always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you love this simple chicken recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Air Fryer Chicken Strips
- Air Fryer Copycat KFC Chicken
- Best Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Pizza Rolls
- Air Fryer Biscuits
And, if you you want to do leftovers like a boss, learn how to reheat pizza in air fryer!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
Air Fryer Chicken Breast
- 3 Chicken breasts (boneless skinless)
- 4 tbsp Olive oil
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees.
- Combine the breadcrumbs and seasonings.
- Coat the chicken breasts in olive oil. Add the chicken breasts to the breadcrumb and seasoning mixture and coat well.
- Spray basket with nonstick cooking spray, or add a small sheet of parchment paper. Place chicken into the basket, lightly coat with olive oil spray, and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the chicken, spray with an additional coat of olive oil and cook for 9 minutes.
- Check and make sure the internal temperature in the thickest part of chicken has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If lower, close lid and allow cooking longer without the fryer on, but from the residual remaining heat.
- Remove chicken from the air fryer and cover with foil for 5 minutes before serving.
- Marinate the chicken breasts before cooking for additional flavor.
- Chicken breast cooking times can vary with the size and weight of the chicken. I typically cook with medium-sized chicken breasts and 19 minutes is the perfect cooking time. A smaller chicken breast will not need as long of cooking time, and a larger breast may need more. I will adjust the cooking time by a minute (up or down) depending on the size.