Looking for an easy appetizer that tastes great? This recipe for Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp is one of the best! Fast, easy, and delicious!
If you’re looking for another easy shrimp recipe, check out this Grilled Shrimp Foil Packet. Fun, flavorful, and delicious!
This is one of my favorite restaurant appetizers so I knew it was something that I could make myself. Just a few simple ingredients and I’m happy to say that I nailed it! Not only is it fast and easy but it tastes so good, too. I love cooking things up in the air fryer because it’s just the perfect crispy treat.
This air fryer shrimp recipe is the perfect starter to a meal or can be a meal all on its own. Covered with panko, you’re going to love this crispy coating!
Want more recipes and tips? Join our Air Fryer Facebook group.
Crispy Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
Now that I’ve perfected this simple air fryer basket shrimp recipe, I’ll never revert back to deep frying ever again. It’s one of my favorite air fryer recipes that gives me a healthier fried coconut shrimp recipe that I can love and enjoy.
I think that you’ll find that this crispy coconut shrimp recipe is the best way to cook up a pound of shrimp!
- Shrimp peeled and deveined
- Coconut flour
- Coconut flakes unsweetened
- Ground black pepper
- Smoked paprika
How to Make Healthy Coconut Shrimp
Just a few simple steps are all you need to make this crispy shrimp.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp Recipe
Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
Arrange three bowls. Add the coconut flour, paprika, salt, and pepper to one bowl. Coconut flakes to the second bowl, and beaten eggs in the third bowl.
Dip the shrimp into the coconut flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally into the coconut flakes. Set aside on a wire rack until you’ve finished with all of the shrimp.
Add the coconut shrimp in a single layer into the prepared air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
Remove when golden brown and serve immediately.
FAQs for Fresh Shrimp with Coconut Flavors
Can you use sweet coconut flakes instead of unsweetened coconut flakes?
You can! Just be certain that when you get to the step for coated shrimp that you know adding sweetened flakes will be added calories as well. Air frying them will still be the same and it will change a few of the health benefits, too.
What do you dip shrimp into once cooked?
You’re going to be looking for a sweet dipping sauce for this recipe. Put some sweet chili sauce into a small bowl or have separate shallow bowls filled with other types of sauces as well.
If you have any other fun recipe ideas for this simple shrimp recipe, leave it below in the comments. We’re always looking for feedback or great ideas for all of you!
MORE SHRIMP RECIPES:
If you love this Air Fryer Shrimp recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Air Fryer Fried Shrimp
- Air Fryer Garlic Butter Shrimp
- Shrimp Scampi Zoodles Recipe
- Garlic Lemon Pepper Shrimp Salad (Clean eating)
- Creamy Alfredo and Shrimp Pasta
- Grilled Chicken and Shrimp with Stubbs Green Chili Marinade
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Make sure you click on the social media share buttons and share it with your friends on Facebook and Pinterest. If you make this recipe and have Instagram, make sure to tag us at @pinkwhenjen. We love to see it when our readers make our recipes!
Don’t forget to rate this recipe! It lets us know what we should keep sharing and lets our readers know what they should try next! Thanks for taking the time to visit us here at PinkWhen! You can also find us and follow us on Facebook and Pinterest. Want more recipes? Make sure to sign up for our newsletter below the recipe card.
Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp
- 25 large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 3/4 cup coconut flakes unsweetened
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare the air fryer basket with non stick cooking spray.
- Arrange three bowls. Add the coconut flour, paprika, salt and pepper to one bowl. Coconut flakes to the second bowl, and beaten eggs in the third bowl.
- Dip the shrimp into the coconut flour mixture, then dip into the egg mixture, and finally into the coconut flakes. Set aside on a wire rack until you've finished with all of the shrimp
- Add the coconut shrimp in a single layer into the prepared air fryer basket and cook for 10-12 minutes at 390 degrees Fahrenheit. Flip the shrimp halfway through.
- Remove when golden brown and serve immediately.