These oven baked chicken fajitas are one of our favorite easy family recipes. Made with chicken breast, onion, peppers, and mouthwatering seasonings. This recipe comes together quickly, perfect for a busy weeknight or quick lunch the whole family will enjoy.
One of my favorite quick and easy recipes are these easy baked chicken fajitas. Just a little chicken and veggies along with your favorite toppings will create an easy and delicious meal. Our whole family enjoys this recipe, and I bet yours will, too!
Before I jump into this recipe, I definitely appreciate you being here and taking the time to read this post. If you’re in a hurry, skip down to the bottom of the post and click on the printable recipe card. We have all of the information and notes down in a printable card for quick access. If you’re not in a hurry, keep reading!
How to Cook Chicken Fajitas
I love how easy it is to make this recipe for baked chicken fajitas. You only need a few ingredients and a few minutes of prepping to make this recipe from start to finish. It’s a great Taco Tuesday substitute or Fajita Friday recipe.
When making these chicken fajitas I use a baking dish, peppers, onions, and a little fajita seasoning. There isn’t a lot to this recipe. If I want to make this recipe stretch further for leftovers, I will use a baking sheet that accommodates more ingredients.
What Ingredients are Needed for Oven Baked Fajitas
You only need a handful of ingredients for these super easy chicken baked fajitas. It’s one of the reasons I love these so much. Not only that, but you can use the leftovers to make several different recipes. Here is what I use for these chicken fajitas:
- Olive oil
- Chicken breast
- Bell peppers
- Fajita seasoning
How to Make Baked Chicken Fajitas
Juicy chicken fajitas are easy to make. You only have a few steps of prep work and then the oven does all of the work for you. I like to pre-slice my chicken, but it’s not required if you want to use whole chicken breasts.
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add a little olive oil to your baking dish and coat the bottom of the dish evenly.
- Slice chicken, bell peppers, and onions into strips.
- Add chicken, layer with onions, and top with seasoning.
- Add bell peppers.
- Cook in preheated oven and bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and serve with your favorite sides.
How to Serve Chicken Fajitas Baked in the Oven
Once the chicken and veggies are finished cooking serve them up in flour tortillas and top them with your favorites. Here are a few of my favorite toppings:
- Pico de gallo
- Sour cream
- Sliced avocado
- Shredded cheese
Do you have any favorite toppings you use that I haven’t listed? I like to load my fajitas with everything on hand. Go big or go home, right? At least that’s what my stomach says, my jeans say something different. 😉
If you have something else you love to add to your oven baked fajitas, leave us a comment below. We like to update our recipes from time to time and would love to add suggestions.
How to Use Leftover Baked Chicken Fajitas
Don’t get rid of your leftovers, there are several different recipes using leftovers you can make. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that you can change it up a bit if you’re inclined. I will use my leftovers to make a few things:
- Fajita Chicken Stuffed Peppers
- Place leftovers on a bed of lettuce for a Fajita salad
- Skip the tortillas and serve leftovers over rice.
I love how versatile this recipe is and the different options you can create. What other recipes can you make with these leftovers? Leave me a comment below and let me know.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you liked this recipe for baked chicken fajitas you might also enjoy a few of our other recipes. Check out some of our other favorites:
If you make this recipe and enjoy it as much as we do, make sure you rate the recipe card below. Ratings help our readers pick their next recipe, and it lets us know what else we should be making.
If you’re on social media, consider pinning this recipe on Pinterest or sharing it with your friends on Facebook. Are you on Instagram? Tag us @pinkwhenjen and share it with us! We love to see our readers making recipes and want to see what you’re making, too.
Thanks for stopping by, and don’t forget to come back and rate this recipe! 🙂
Easy Oven Baked Chicken Fajitas
- 2 chicken breasts sliced
- 3 bell peppers sliced
- 1 onion large, sliced
- 2 tbsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add olive oil to the bottom of the baking dish.
- Layer sliced chicken, onion, seasoning, and bell peppers.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until fully cooked.
- Serve with tortillas, over a salad, over rice, or your favorite options.
- Top with sour cream, shredded cheese, diced avocado, pico de gallo, and more.
- Save any leftovers for additional meals. Serve over rice, in tortillas, or bake inside of a bell pepper and top with cheese for Chicken Fajita Bell Peppers.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to three days.
*Nutritional information is a calculated guesstimate. Please note that this can change with different brands and modifications you may make to the recipe. For the most accurate information, use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands and measurements you’re using with each recipe.