Pressure Cooker Chicken Chili made in the Instant Pot is one of my favorite ways to make chili. It’s quick, easy, and full of mouthwatering flavors. Double this chicken chili recipe and freeze some for leftovers.
This chicken chili recipe is one of my family’s favorite recipes. It’s made with boneless skinless chicken breasts, chicken stock, taco seasoning, corn, black beans, and more.
You can’t go wrong with this delicious and easy chili recipe. It’s the perfect dump-and-go recipe for busy days, and I love that it’s made so easily in my pressure cooker.
How to use an Instant Pot
If this is your first time using an Instant Pot, take the time to read through the instructions. It’s definitely not rocket science, but it’s a good idea to make sure you know exactly how to use it.
You will want to be familiar with the main settings on the Instant Pot such as manual cooking, sauté mode, and the soup mode. These are the three settings I use the most.
Most importantly, you want to know how to securely lock the lid and how to seal and vent while cooking.
What Ingredients do I need for Chicken Chili?
Chicken Chili is an easy dump-and-go recipe to make. You don’t need too many ingredients and the flavors are just amazing.
- diced onion
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- black beans
- chicken stock
- taco seasoning (our homemade recipe!)
- tomato paste
You can use a store-bought taco seasoning with this recipe or you can use a homemade taco seasoning recipe. If you haven’t already made your own taco seasoning, they are relatively easy to make and store easily for a long time.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- Layer onion and chicken.
Layer the onion on the bottom of the Instant Pot and place the chicken on top.
- Cover the chicken with seasoning. Layer with corn, black beans, and Rotel.
Cover the chicken with taco seasoning or homemade chicken taco seasoning if you have it. Then layer it with Rotel, black beans, and corn.
- Add chicken stock. Then secure lid and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the chicken stock to the pot. Secure the lid and cook on the soup mode for 10 minutes. Allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes, and then release remaining pressure before removing the lid.
- Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and shred.
Using two forks, shred the chicken on a cutting board. If you have a stand mixer such as a Kitchen Aid, you can also shred it by placing it in the mixer and turning it on low.
- Add shredded chicken to the chicken chili mixture.
Add the chicken back to the chicken chili mixture and serve immediately.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
You can serve pressure cooker chicken chili all on its own, it’s that good! If you love toppings, consider adding toppings such as sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocado, cheese, and more.
You’re going to love this Pressure Cooker Chicken Chili. It’s quick, easy, and packed full of flavor.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken Chili
- Instant Pot Turkey Chili
- Slow Cooker Turkey Chili
- Instant Pot BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
- Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot) Taco Soup
- How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Hawaiian Chicken
Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 2 15oz corn
- 1 15oz black beans rinsed
- 2 10oz rotel
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Cover the bottom of the Instant Pot with diced onions.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the onion. Top chicken breasts with seasonings.
- Add corn, Rotel, black beans, tomato paste, and chicken stock.
- Secure lid and place the pressure cooker on the soup setting for 10 minutes.
- When finished, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release for 10 minutes. Carefully manually release the remaining pressure.
- Remove the chicken. It should easily shred using two forks.
- Add the chicken back into the chili mixture and stir well. Serve immediately.
- Use 2 large chicken breasts or 3 smaller chicken breasts.
- You can substitute the chicken stock with a bottle of beer if desired.
- Shred the chicken with two forks, or use a stand mixer such as a Kitchen Aid to quickly shred it in seconds.
- Serve with crushed tortilla chips, sour cream, fresh cilantro, avocado, shredded cheese, or diced jalapéno.