Caprese Chicken is a gluten free, low carb, and healthy chicken recipe that’s made in less than 30 minutes. It’s full of tangy balsamic and smokey flavors, fresh mozzarella, juicy tomato, and fresh basil that will elevate your dining experience to another level. Check out how easy it is to make this mouthwatering dish.
The Grilled Caprese Chicken Recipe
Caprese salads with balsamic dressing have been a favorite summertime salad in our household. The flavors of the fresh mozzarella and tomato joined with the tangy taste of a balsamic glaze is a palate-pleasing experience for everyone.
Outdoor grilling is another summertime favorite pastime, so joining a healthy grilled chicken breast together with the Caprese salad seems to be the perfect summertime dish! I hope you enjoy this recipe with your family and friends as much as we enjoy making it.
While we love to make this recipe as instructed below, you can also make a few changes if you want. Consider grilling the chicken with Italian seasoning, or even just a pinch of salt and pepper if you don’t have poultry seasoning on hand.
What Ingredients Do I Need to Make Caprese Chicken?
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- Medium Tomato (sliced)
- Mozzarella Cheese (sliced)
- Basil leaves
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Olive Oil based No-Stick Cooking Spray
How to Make Caprese Chicken
We’ve got all of our tips and tricks written below to make the best Caprese chicken. If you are looking for something quickly, just jump down to the end of this post and hit the print recipe button below in the recipe card.
We have all of the instructions and notes in one place for you. 🙂
1. Preheat grill to 350 degrees.
2. Season your chicken breasts with poultry seasoning. If you want things even lighter, consider using just a dash of salt and pepper. After you have seasoned your chicken breasts, cover them on both sides with a coat of cooking spray. (This little trick will keep your chicken breasts moist and not allow them to dry out while on the grill.) Grill the chicken breasts for 8 – 10 minutes of cooking time on each side.
3. While your chicken is grilling, go ahead and get your additional ingredients ready to place on the chicken. Place your Balsamic vinegar in a small pan to also go on the grill. This is how we make the balsamic reduction.
4. Open the grill after the chicken has cooked and then place the slice of mozzarella, sliced fresh tomatoes, and basil on each chicken breast. Place the pan with Balsamic vinegar on the grill to the side to heat up as well. After 2 minutes, drizzle the bubbling balsamic glaze over the chicken breasts and then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
4. Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and serve warm with your favorite sides.
If you have leftovers, make sure you save them! This Caprese chicken is amazing on a salad. Cut the Caprese chicken into bite-sized pieces and serve over a bed of Romain lettuce and top with a balsamic dressing. YUM!
If you enjoyed this Grilled Caprese Chicken recipe, you might also like:
- How to Make the Perfect Grilled Chicken Breast
- Easy Stuffed Chicken
- Chicken Fajita Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Sweet Pepper Popper Baked Chicken
- Copycat KFC Chicken Recipe
What Sides Pair Best with Caprese Chicken?
While I find the grilled Caprese chicken to be everything I need and want in a recipe, you also want to think about some delicious side that pair well with this recipe.
- Garlic cheese bread
- Italian salad
- Loaded baked potato salad
- Grilled corn
- Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
I hope you and your family and friends enjoy making this recipe as much as we do. If you love this recipe, consider leaving a rating in the printable recipe card below. It lets us know what you like and tells others if they should consider making this recipe, too. We love to see you share our recipes, so feel free to share it with all of your friends on Pinterest and Facebook.
If you’re on Instagram, make this recipe and tag us in it! You can tag us at @pinkwhenjen and use the hashtag #pinkwhenjen. We always want to see what you’re making next. 🙂
Don’t forget to print out the recipe card below and rate it once you’ve made it!
If you’re looking for more dinner ideas, head over to our Weekly Meal Plan where we share all of our favorite menu plans, including a FREE shopping list and menu planner.
How to Make Caprese Chicken
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 tbsp Homemade Poultry Seasoning
- 2 Medium Tomato sliced
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese sliced
- 4 Basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- Cooking Spray Olive Oil No-Stick Cooking Spray
- Preheat the grill to 350 degrees.
- Seasong the chicken breasts with poultry seasoning. Once seasoned, spray chicken breats with olive oil based cooking spray to maintain juices while grilling.
- Grill the chicken breasts for 8-10 minutes per side.
- While your chicken is grilling, go ahead and get your additional ingredients ready to place on the chicken. Place your Balsamic vinegar in a small skillet to also go on the grill.
- Open the grill after chicken has cooked and place the fresh mozzarella, fresh tomato, and fresh basil on each chicken breast. Place the skillet with Balsamic vinegar on the grill to the side to allow it to heat up as well. After 2 minutes, drizzle the bubbling vinegar over the chicken breasts and then cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the grill and serve with your favorite side dishes.
- Make sure the internal temperature of your chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.
- Consider substituting poultry seasoning with Italian seasoning for a different flavor.
- Save leftovers, cut Caprese chicken into bite sized pieces, and serve over a bed of lettuce with balsamic dressing.