It’s officially crockpot season! And this Crockpot Chicken and Gravy recipe is one that needs to be on your radar. With just a handful of easy ingredients, you’ll have a hearty and delicious dinner on the table in no time at all.
Plus, being able to use your crockpot for this Crock Pot Chicken Gravy recipe means that you can come home after a long day of work and literally have comfort food ready and waiting for you. This means that you can easily serve, eat, and enjoy!
It’s a family favorite slow cooker recipe.
There aren’t many slow cooker chicken recipes out there that are quite as simple as this one. What I love about this simple chicken recipe is that you can easily prep this to cook in less than 10 minutes of time and that’s just about all the work that is going to be required from you until it’s ready to serve and eat tender chicken and gravy.
I’m also pretty obsessed with the mushroom soup and onion soup flavoring of this dish. They’re two flavors that just mesh perfectly in this dish and are part of the reason that I make this slow cooker chicken recipe all the time.
WANT TO KNOW WHAT’S FOR DINNER EVERY NIGHT? CHECK OUT OUR FREE WEEKLY MEAL PLANNER.
You can also create the chicken gravy mix with cream of chicken soup and a brown gravy mix. Gotta love those gravy packets.
You might want to add a few seasonings to add additional flavor.
When you’re scratching your head wondering what in the world you’re going to make for dinner, make certain to add this Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy recipe to your list. Trust me on this one – you don’t want to miss these flavors.
CROCKPOT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
When you’re able to use your Crock Pot, it really is a game-changer in how you make dinner. It’s one of those appliances that makes your life so much easier time and time again. In fact, I’ve converted several of my regular recipes into crockpot recipes just so I have to actually do LESS work.
I love being such a wizard in the kitchen when it comes to altering and creating new versions of a recipe.
INGREDIENTS YOU NEED TO MAKE CROCK POT CHICKEN AND GRAVY
Check out how short this list of ingredients is!
- Chicken Breasts
- Cream of Mushroom Soup (can sub cream of chicken soup)
- Onion Soup Packet (Or a blend of gravy mix, garlic powder, and black pepper)
- 1 1/2 cups Water (or chicken broth for more flavor)
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHICKEN AND GRAVY
This recipe is so simple, you’re just not going to believe it!
Add the boneless skinless chicken breasts to the liner of the slow cooker.
Top the chicken with the onion soup mixture. Mix the mushroom soup with the water and whisk until combined.
Pour over the chicken.
Heat the Crock Pot on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Shred the chicken in the crockpot when its fork tender and then serve the chicken and gravy mixture over rice, egg noodles, baked potatoes, or mashed potatoes.
You can also add sour cream for a creamier gravy.
For a thicker gravy, add a 1/2 tsp of corn starch to the mixture before serving.
Crockpot Chicken and Gravy FAQS
What’s the easiest way to shred chicken?
There are actually meat shredding tools that you can buy that can be of assistance but using two forks and just tearing it apart into bite sized pieces works as well. It’s actually easier to shred the chicken when it’s hot so be careful while you’re doing this so you don’t get burnt.
What are some side dish options for this Crock Pot Chicken Gravy recipe?
This is why chicken is so great. Literally, any type of side dish will go well with this recipe and flavorful gravy. And since you can put it right on top of white rice, brown rice, noodles, potatoes, cauliflower rice, or just about anything else, there isn’t any side dish that is off the table.
Pair it up with salads, steamed veggies, green beans, carrots, or even a nice twice baked potato to complete a truly hearty and delicious meal.
You can also make this dish creamier by adding sour cream before serving.
Want to try different meats? Any boneless meats should work well with this recipe, including chicken thighs, pork chops, turkey breasts, or even ham.
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY:
If you love this easy Crock Pot chicken recipe as much as we do, you might also enjoy these other recipes, too!
- Crock Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- Slow Cooker Crack Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken Thighs Bone In
- Crock Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Slow Cooker Salsa Verde Chicken Tacos
- Chicken Taco Crock Pot Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken and Gravy
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 10 oz cream of mushroom soup
- 1 onion soup packet
- 1 cup water
- Add the chicken breasts to the liner of the slow cooker.
- Top the chicken with the onion soup mixture.
- Mix the mushroom soup with the water and whisk until combined. Pour over the chicken.
- Heat the Crock-Pot on low for 7 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Shred the chicken in the crockpot and then serve over rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Shred the chicken while it is still in the Crockpot.
- Serve the Chicken and Gravy over white rice, jasmine rice, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days before discarding.